Cox Wifi

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KOPBET

Duck of Death
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wow! Who do you know?

It's on their website. Good for 24 mos.

https://www.cox.com/residential-shop/shoppingcart.html

Screenshot 2023-02-12 135009.jpg

Larry In OKC

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I pay $59/Mo. for Gigablast and their super duper in home coax repair coverage. I was on a no contract plan, but it skyrocketed shortly before Christmas, so I did the 2 year contract deal. It includes a modem/router. I stream all my entertainment, screw the insane cable TV prices.

RetiredTater

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So, I have a gig service through OEC Fiber. I pay $85 a month, internet only. Includes their modem/router and one mesh router satellite.

I had COX gigablast on fiber, and was paying $169 a month with unlimited data (was told $120 with unlimited.) Luckily I somehow avoided the two year contract service because OEC became available 2 months after I got the fiber finally sort of installed. (had fiber ran around the top of my fence and they were supposed to have come out and reburied the conduit and rerun it to the house because someone screwed up on running the conduit originally and broke the fiber when they tried to pull it.)

I have no data limits, and I have no complaints about OEC. We have 5 kids, and when they are all here, we use a WHOLE BUNCH OF DATA! Even with the 1 Gig from Cox, we could tell if all kids were here when the wife and I went to watch TV before bed.

Now, I have not noticed it, and even my kids from Texas have commented about how much better our internet is.
No real dead/slow spots in the house except for on the toilet and I run speed tests throughout. Even at the far end of the back yard and in the attic I get decent speeds.

Directly connected on my home PC, I get 990 Mbps. On my phone, getting 480, and my laptop gets around 520 Mbps. (notice the little b).

OkieChuck

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
COX sucks. I was a 30+ year customer for cable, internet, & phone. Total bill was approaching $300 per month. Got rid of the land line finally, had to do some things for the house alarm to work. Finally on the cable enough was enough. Every time I tried to figure out how to reduce my bill some I always ended up with some millennial trying to up sell me. So we cut the cable. Best thing we ever did. Went to internet tv. Kept the Cox internet but it sucked. Was paying $84 per month and half the time it wouldn't run a couple smart tvs at the same time. It would start buffering and I'd run a speed test and it would be down around 5-8 mb. It worked if I could just get what i was paying for. I called a couple of times, same thing. It would work fine if I upgraded to a plan for about $150 month. A$$holes. So bye bye cox everything. I tested the T-Mobile internet before I ditched the cox. It works great. Ran a speed test and couldn't believe it, over 500mb, holy crap. Other tests had it coming in as low as 300mb but I'm a happy camper now. Even the tvs in the garage and on the patio run great along with all the grandkids crap. No wifi extenders just the 1 router to plug in.
$50 per month - no hidden fees - just $50 per month.
I highly recommend if you can get it.

Chuck

JoeUSooner

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Like Crapsguy, I've been with my provider [ATT/DirecTV] for over 30 years (7 at this address, 25 at previous address). Currently bundle 100Mps download speed Wi-Fi with basic cable package - which is all my wife and I need - for $109 per month (net total that includes all tags, taxes and recappable tires :zzz2:). Five months each year I add the 'sports package' so I can watch college football, for an additional $13 per month. See no need to change that system.

Latest posts

Top Bottom