dating and concealed carry

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stackle2

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My girlfriend at the time (wife #3) found out that I carried when we were 'getting to know one another' one evening. She knew I had lots of guns, & as I lived out in the country, by myself, many of them were in plain view throughout the house. She knew I usually kept a pistol in the glove box, but this particular evening she put her hand on my right hip & jerked it back suddenly like a snake bit her. She looked very confused. She later said she her first thought was that I had some kind of prothesis (I had been fairly recently injured in a 'work' accident, overseas), she looked extremely relieved when I showed her it was a gun. About 5 months later I took her to a weekend CCW course that a buddy taught, & we enjoyed the day spent together learning about self defense. My buddy was even nice enough to let me audit his class for free, lol, love is love, but I'm still not going to pay $50 for a class I've already taken.

Since then my wife has carried 90% of the time. She occasionally doesn't, when a formal situation requires an outfit that doesn't permit concealment, or during certain of my work functions, which are strenuously enforced no civilian weapon zones. Its come in handy for her several times, the last of which it literally saved her life, & the life of our infant son, from depraved psychopath meth heads.

Introduce your lady to it, you never know, might just get lucky like me, & have a woman that checks to make sure I am armed before we leave the house. Nothing like hearing your wife say "you should bring the 1911 tonight babe, your shoulder rig really looks good in that jacket"....

grizzly97

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My girlfriend at the time (wife #3) found out that I carried when we were 'getting to know one another' one evening. She knew I had lots of guns, & as I lived out in the country, by myself, many of them were in plain view throughout the house. She knew I usually kept a pistol in the glove box, but this particular evening she put her hand on my right hip & jerked it back suddenly like a snake bit her. She looked very confused. She later said she her first thought was that I had some kind of prothesis (I had been fairly recently injured in a 'work' accident, overseas), she looked extremely relieved when I showed her it was a gun. About 5 months later I took her to a weekend CCW course that a buddy taught, & we enjoyed the day spent together learning about self defense. My buddy was even nice enough to let me audit his class for free, lol, love is love, but I'm still not going to pay $50 for a class I've already taken.

Since then my wife has carried 90% of the time. She occasionally doesn't, when a formal situation requires an outfit that doesn't permit concealment, or during certain of my work functions, which are strenuously enforced no civilian weapon zones. Its come in handy for her several times, the last of which it literally saved her life, & the life of our infant son, from depraved psychopath meth heads.

Introduce your lady to it, you never know, might just get lucky like me, & have a woman that checks to make sure I am armed before we leave the house. Nothing like hearing your wife say "you should bring the 1911 tonight babe, your shoulder rig really looks good in that jacket"....

Sounds like you have a good woman! Does she have a sister? :rubhands:

Stackle2

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It would be established by the first date I'm sure that I'm a gun nut. If that's a problem then there would be no first date. My current lady friend is almost a gun nut.

Sometimes they just need a small push. Didn't take long before mine was funneling powder into my sized cases while I seated bullets. Lol.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
ROFLMAO! Guys, I was a dyed in the wool liberal when GC and I met. I was so bad, still, when he moved in that I thought he was gonna just leave all his guns in the trunk of his patrol car ... yeah ... well, that's another story ...

We dated for several months before he finally fessed up to having a gun on him ALL the time. And I thought he just had some weird fetish with his jacket ... LOL Seriously. If you do it right, she'll never know. (And I'm a pretty "affectionate" gal ... it's not like I didn't have my hands on him ... but he was THAT good!) In fact, he was carrying the first night we "did it" and I didn't have a clue ... Not before, not during ... It wasn't until AFTER, when he went to get dressed that I realized he had his gun. (And really, if he'd put any effort into it he probably could have hidden it then too.) That's also when I found out he ALWAYS has his gun ... :lookaroun Well ... hmmmm ... :lookaroun Well ... okay ... deed's been done now so ... What I didn't know really didn't hurt me and it gave me a chance to get to know him as a person, not some kind of gun freak. Yes, I know NOW that he is some kind of gun freak but that's neither here there nor yonder, now is it ... :D

If you tell her about your gun before you are ready to tell her about your gun, just because you think she's gonna find out about your gun, and you don't want her to know about your gun for some reason (like she's a dyed in the wool liberal :lookaroun) you aren't doing something right ... :D

Latest posts

Top Bottom