Denied on ar15 lower.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MilitantBEEMER

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
(Knocking on wood) I never put in my SSN and have never been delayed. (My latest purchase was less than two minutes for the approval to proceed)
BTW I reached out to Don Spencer to see where things were with the CHL for NICS law that was passed. At the time he stated that OK would have to work the details out with ATF and it would likely not go in effect November 1st. I waiting to hear back for an update from him. Will post when I get a response.

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was told years ago that the ATF didnt recognized OKla CCL cause they didnt require enough training and that was why they would never agree to using the CCL in the place of calling in the 4473

ramco

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’m a ffl holder and I get delayed when I buy one.

Someone asked about the number of days till you can pick it up if you get delayed, it’s 3 business days according to ATF regs, but that depends on the company/person you go through.
As an FFL holder, you shouldn’t have to submit to a NICS check. I have made several face to face purchases and all I have to provide is a copy of my FFL. No NICS check or sales tax.
As far as the delayed time period is concerned, it is three business days not counting the day the check was called in, weekends or holidays. It could be as long as five total days. The NICS operator gives you the day the dealer MAY complete the transaction. The dealer MAY wait until he has been contacted by the NICS people no matter how long it takes. Just last week I got a call back changing the delay to a proceed while the customer and I were still talking- about 10 minutes. I also have completed the transfer after waiting the required time, never having heard back from NICS at all.

hunter966

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm sorry, but how?
First, why do you buy one elsewhere instead of ordering it yourself?
and if you find it somewhere else, they should be able to do a lateral transfer to you and then you can transfer it to yourself with no NICS required.

Dave
Good question. I don’t buy from anywhere else, unless it’s a used gun or something I can’t get through my suppliers.

When I purchase a gun for my self I always do a NICS check, I’ve never been told different by the ATF that I don’t have to do one on myself so I just make it a habit.

rivers666

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i get delayed about 50% of the time, it has always been that way for me. i have had various security clearances while in the military and some kind of clearance when i had the hazmat on my CDL. the funny thing(or so i think) is that i can go to one table at a gunshow and buy a rifle and get delayed and go to a different table on the same day and get a proceed. most of my delays are no longer than 30-45 minutes with a few going the full 5 days, just my 2 cents worth.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No. I have actually seen LESS delays this year than I did last year. I had a delay the other day if 10 min, and another last month of about an hour. Sometimes I think it’s more of a NICS system issue than an issue with the buyer…however I have a few customers that get delayed every time.
I would be one of them that gets delayed every time.

Latest posts

Top Bottom