Denied on ar15 lower.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
OK is going no call in or reporting if you have a chl on November 1st when purchasing, I think.

Or you could apply for and receive a UPIN for placing on the 4473. Most likely your name matches or closely resembles a prohibited person, and they check further to make sure you aren’t them.

sherrick13

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Again, denied and delayed aren't the same thing. You're delayed.

Denied is NO.

Delayed is "not yet, let us look more". You've been delayed. The delay may turn into a denial but until then its still a delay.

Delayed (without a response, which NICS never follows up on me) IS A DENIED when I try to by from a place that required a proceed. I am effectively banned from buying a gun from Walmart, Bass Pro, Cabela's and the CMP.

sherrick13

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
OK is going no call in or reporting if you have a chl on November 1st when purchasing, I think.

Or you could apply for and receive a UPIN for placing on the 4473. Most likely your name matches or closely resembles a prohibited person, and they check further to make sure you aren’t them.

UPIN is not a guarantee of not getting a delay. The wait for a UPIN is about 2 years now as well.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Delayed (without a response, which NICS never follows up on me) IS A DENIED when I try to by from a place that required a proceed. I am effectively banned from buying a gun from Walmart, Bass Pro, Cabela's and the CMP.

That's not being DENIED by the ATF, that's you supporting businesses who are pricks and tolerating their posturing.

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m a ffl holder and I get delayed when I buy one.

Someone asked about the number of days till you can pick it up if you get delayed, it’s 3 business days according to ATF regs, but that depends on the company/person you go through.

I'm sorry, but how?
First, why do you buy one elsewhere instead of ordering it yourself?
and if you find it somewhere else, they should be able to do a lateral transfer to you and then you can transfer it to yourself with no NICS required.

Dave

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
UPIN is not a guarantee of not getting a delay. The wait for a UPIN is about 2 years now as well.
Seriously, 2 years? I've thought about getting a UPIN but what in the hell takes two years? For that matter in this computer world, what in the hell takes a year to buy a suppressor? Insane.

sherrick13

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Seriously, 2 years? I've thought about getting a UPIN but what in the hell takes two years? For that matter in this computer world, what in the hell takes a year to buy a suppressor? Insane.

The people assigned to process UPINs are less than those assigned to do Form 4's. It also doesn't solve the delay problem in many cases.

Latest posts

Top Bottom