Do you think the kid found a daddy?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Reminds me of an older Country Western song, called "Christmas Carrol" lyrics went something like, "My name is Christmas Carol, I was born on Christmas Day. I never knew my father, and my mother went away..." It's about a little girl who sits on a Santa's lap and he asks her name and what she wants, and all she wants is a home...From what I understand, the song is based on a true story, and the guy in the Santa Clause costume was so shaken by the experience that he ended up adopting the little one.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It really sucks to see something like that. My niece doesn't have a daddy because my sister was a moron and got pregnant by this piece of crap. My niece is 12 now but still cry's all the time because she doesn't have a daddy. It breaks my heart to see this kind of crap. I don't know what it feels like as I have two parents that are always there for me. But I know it has to be horrific to not have two parents to love you. Obviously that mom isn't doing her job either.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I felt bad for this kid because obviously Mom is NOT stepping up to the plate like she should. I raised three boys by myself because for the life of me I couldn't pick a good man if I tried. Determined not to let my boys suffer because of it, I was honest with them. I never said to them "Are you sad you don't have a daddy?"or "I'm gonna go find your dad and give you to him" like I've heard other single moms do ... :censored:

Instead, I made sure they had good male role models in their lives (my youngest little brother, their karate instructor, their soccer coach, etc.) and I made sure that they understood that they could grow up to be good men even if they didn't have a dad around. That sometimes life sucks the balls hanging off a bull but that was no excuse for not being a good person and doing what was right.

I am proud to say I have 3 fine young men as sons. They've not always made the right decisions, or the decisions I would have made, but they walk tall, take the consequences of their actions like men, not whining, crybaby sissies always looking for someone else to blame and I love them more than life itself.

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Yeh. My daughter is in the Navy, and my boy is a high school senior, and in the Army Delayed Entry Program, he'll be going to boot camp upon high school graduation. So, my wife and I, still young enough to raise some kids one more time, went to DHS to see if we could adopt some kids that needed a home. We went to these DHS classes, got interviewed, got physicals and all that. But the class room instruction informed us that basically we couldn't adopt, that we were there to temporarily take care of DHS kids until their biological parents got their acts together and then we'd have to turn the kids back over to the parents. So, we will have two empty bedrooms, without the sounds of tiny running feet...

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
0311, I'm like you and your wife. I'd adopt (or even foster) in a NY minute. Unfortunately, GC is not as eager. :( But, it's good he's honest with me, ya know. If he'd just gone along, all of us, mostly the child, would have suffered, and heaven knows a child coming from DHS doesn't need any more suffering, so ... I, too, am without a little one ... or 15 :lookaroun

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
0311, I'm like you and your wife. I'd adopt (or even foster) in a NY minute. Unfortunately, GC is not as eager. :( But, it's good he's honest with me, ya know. If he'd just gone along, all of us, mostly the child, would have suffered, and heaven knows a child coming from DHS doesn't need any more suffering, so ... I, too, am without a little one ... or 15 :lookaroun

I have really enjoyed being a dad, and I feel an emptiness without children. We can't afford to go through private adoption agencies, and know people who adopted through DHS. But the spiel we got from those classes is that essentially we would be temporary caretakers for the kids, while the parents were in jail, rehab etc. We run a pretty tight ship, and I would not give these children up to recidivist parents. So, we dropped the classes, feeling like the children's best interests came 2nd to the biological parents, and the interests of the adoptive parents - no - we were called "bridges" did not matter at all. The program was about being a "bridge" until the parents got out of the drug rehab or whatever.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have really enjoyed being a dad, and I feel an emptiness without children. We can't afford to go through private adoption agencies, and know people who adopted through DHS. But the spiel we got from those classes is that essentially we would be temporary caretakers for the kids, while the parents were in jail, rehab etc. We run a pretty tight ship, and I would not give these children up to recidivist parents. So, we dropped the classes, feeling like the children's best interests came 2nd to the biological parents, and the interests of the adoptive parents - no - we were called "bridges" did not matter at all. The program was about being a "bridge" until the parents got out of the drug rehab or whatever.

Yeah, even though my folks had 5 kids of their own and one on the way they always had a couple of fosters or more in our home when we were living in Talequah and even after we moved to Duncan for a while. It was a GREAT experience for ALL of us ... I saw an article online just the other day about folks who have adopted kids and then decided they didn't want them going online and "rehoming" them like people do pets. Seems to be quite a few internet communities where this is a thriving "trade". I was so disgusted. WTF is wrong with people? Something tells me a lot of folks are not too far removed from the Neanderthal Period ... :mad:

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Yeah, even though my folks had 5 kids of their own and one on the way they always had a couple of fosters or more in our home when we were living in Talequah and even after we moved to Duncan for a while. It was a GREAT experience for ALL of us ... I saw an article online just the other day about folks who have adopted kids and then decided they didn't want them going online and "rehoming" them like people do pets. Seems to be quite a few internet communities where this is a thriving "trade". I was so disgusted. WTF is wrong with people? Something tells me a lot of folks are not too far removed from the Neanderthal Period ... :mad:

I'm quasi receptive to foster, but I'd rather adopt. I don't want the children taken from me and placed back with the parents. I don't want to see years of effort put into a child squandered. Friends say, "But Oh! You'll have grandchildren!" Thing is, when my kids start the marrying and divorcing thing, I'll probably never get to see my grandkids. I'd just rather adopt a sibling pair and do it all again - one more time.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I see where you are coming from. Funny thing, for somebody who complains about other people's kids when we are out and about, I usually really enjoy being around kids. When it's just me and the kids. Throw other grown-ups in the mix and that's when things get dicey.

But, like I said, it's not really an option for me because of GC's stance. Who knows? Maybe later. It's just one of those things that will happen if it's meant to be ...

Latest posts

Top Bottom