Don’t ever support homeless funding

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Judi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
All ...charities are a scam......they give pennies...if even that, and only a few get those.....have million dollar bank account...give money to poltical scum...

I paid for groceries ....for people in front of me ...or behind me.....seeing they bought...food...not booze, crap, food...but real food trying to feed a family or just trying to get to the next check...

never give money to xpress way bums...walmart woman been begging for four years....everyday...

helped people...really out of gas, money trying to get home...

God ....knows what I do..don't need to put it on TV and ask it be tax free....

TinkerTanker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hunt the homeless. Problem solved.
I think I've said it before. I knew a girl that preferred to beg for money. She made more than she did on a job. She had about six teeth in her head and looked rough, but she was able bodied. She just hated working.

Personally, I never give to the homeless. I'll give you a job, but I won't give you a dime.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Some Veteran charities do the same thing. The Red Cross is another example.
Red Cross is a great example. I volunteered there for several years and saw tons of waste by executives while volunteers did most of the actual work. While they do some good helping people after a disaster they are about as dysfunctional as can be efficiently using donor money.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry, I don't give money away to anybody. Just a bunch of moochers. Forty years ago at the start of off ramp begging, a group of American Airlines maintenance workers were driving from Tulsa to OKC and begging on their days off. As I remember the article, they were making more on their days off than working full time at AA. Also I was at a gas station back then and a guy was begging for gas money with some story about how his wife was in the hospital and they needed money to go home. I watched as people gave him a lot of money as he claimed he was poor and out of work. Then after a while, watched him go get in a brand new pickup and drive off. It was so new it had the pricesheet in the window. "Not for profit" groups back in the day were all volunteers. today that just means they don't pay profits to shareholders. Just another angle of tax cheats.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
All ...charities are a scam......they give pennies...if even that, and only a few get those.....have million dollar bank account...give money to poltical scum...

I paid for groceries ....for people in front of me ...or behind me.....seeing they bought...food...not booze, crap, food...but real food trying to feed a family or just trying to get to the next check...

never give money to xpress way bums...walmart woman been begging for four years....everyday...

helped people...really out of gas, money trying to get home...

God ....knows what I do..don't need to put it on TV and ask it be tax free....
Yep. Some of the people begging are there everyday and spend more energy that it would take to get a job. The fat guy at NW 150th and Kelly even has his one folding chair.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yep. Some of the people begging are there everyday and spend more energy that it would take to get a job. The fat guy at NW 150th and Kelly even has his one folding chair.

That reminds me, I’ve noticed that the panhandlers in Tulsa are now wearing hi-visibility vests. What’s up with that?

sherrick13

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They aren't doing much other than forcing relocation for many of those people. I question their success numbers, I am sure they are bloated or embellished yet they still are not good numbers. The take away here is the actual cost of $165,000 per person, keep in mind this is only temporary shelter/housing, no real estate, no assets, just a lot of money with very little to show. Why have our governments moved so far away from their intended purpose, charities are not a function of any level of government.
If I could make it bigger with big flashing lights I would.

Latest posts

Top Bottom