Don’t ever support homeless funding

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hipshot

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Is there a list of parade cars y'all approve of, or is it just a chapter by chapter choice? I've seen different vehicles by different chapters or whatever you call them. One group had High Wheeler Bicycles, one had Mini 18 wheelers, one had the mini speed boats, and on and on.
Shriners decide what unit they want to join and then buy their own mini car or scooter or whatever equipment they need to be a part of the unit. Not sure who the company is but they had some motorized 3 wheelers you could order that had a few models on display a couple years ago at our imperial session in Houston, when I bought my mini car I got it from another Shriner in Shreveport La. That no longer used it.
As for buying a brand new one…. I couldn’t say ?

The rules aren’t very strict because we want everyone to join a unit and have fun while raising money to help our kids !

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oldest son was going to a tech school and working. Met a Mexican boy there, who was riding city bus. Turned out he lived about mile and half from us.
Little shanty, parents and 6 kids. Parents were illegals. Kids born here.

Son started GIVING ride to Miguel. He was a good student, son worked for me, needed help, so I get Miquel a job. To make it to work and school, he LIVED with us. Couple months go by, we are talking school costs and find out Miquel gets FREE school, paid by taxpayers, because parents are illegals. OK, it is irritating, but he working, going to school and trying to better his situation. He is shocked at how much school actually costs.

A few weeks go by, son shows up for work alone, says Miquel didn't feel good.

Son comes in from school alone. Says he came by house, on way to class, Miquel wasn't there. Wife says he left, right after son, that morning. Hmmmmm

Next morning, he was in bed. I woke him up. He said he was sick. I explained his living in MY house was dependent on his being employed. His employment was dependent on his being in school. His school was FREE and only required his showing up and passing class.

He got up and went to work.
Son came in from class, alone. Said Miquel didn't go. I never seen Miquel, again. Son said he was selling dope, running with local gangbangers.
The older I get, and the more I witness, the more complicated this all gets! We should be able to help young adults, but my experence teaches me that some things simply won't work! It seems things like building a house on the same property, for your kids, to keep them close, should work, but it seldom will! over endulging kids, giving them the things you never had, planning their lives, keeping them from making any mistakes, etc. In my experience, being to GREAT a parent, spoils most kids! Spoiled Brat kids, become spoiled brat ADULTS! ALL spoiled brats I have known, have one thing in common, they never care anything about anyone but themselves, especially the parent ,or society that spoiled them, and usually turn out to be a parasite on everyone else! The GREATEST GENERATION GREW UP, IN THE GREAT DEPRESSION, WITH THE LEST? my father a great man, and a very smart man, used to say when ask about raising kids, He, and mom, raised 4 sons, honorable men all, if you need advice raising kids, ask someone that has never raised any!!

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Sounds like the fat guy at 150th and Santa Fe....I was pulling into the CVS across from his "place" one morning recently, saw him getting out of a fairly new SUV that a woman was driving. He takes his chair, and backpack, and crosses the street to his normal place. He's always wearing a dirty shirt with holes in it to help portray his "sad " situation.
Yep, his sign says "seeking human kindness". It should say seeking a job.

MP43

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
"Farm Aid" is the worst when it comes to "bait & switch" fundraising as far as I'm concerned. They've never given a dollar to a farmer in need. If you check their annual report, you'll find that most of the money raised goes to liberal politicians and groups to "fight climate change," "promote racial justice," and the like.

Latest posts

Top Bottom