Don’t ever support homeless funding

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hipshot

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
All ...charities are a scam......they give pennies...if even that, and only a few get those.....have million dollar bank account...give money to poltical scum...

I paid for groceries ....for people in front of me ...or behind me.....seeing they bought...food...not booze, crap, food...but real food trying to feed a family or just trying to get to the next check...

never give money to xpress way bums...walmart woman been begging for four years....everyday...

helped people...really out of gas, money trying to get home...

God ....knows what I do..don't need to put it on TV and ask it be tax free....
I agree that most are a scam or upper management gets paid big bucks, I am a Shriner and we have 1 part time paid secretary at our temples a portion goes to utilities and upkeep and all the rest goes to our hospitals and transportation to treat our kids, When we do parades, and other fundraisers we all bear the cost of our own choice of unit to be in mini car, motorcycle, three wheeler, clown makeup etc… if anyone wants to support a charity the Shriners is the one !!

Judi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree that most are a scam or upper management gets paid big bucks, I am a Shriner and we have 1 part time paid secretary at our temples a portion goes to utilities and upkeep and all the rest goes to our hospitals and transportation to treat our kids, When we do parades, and other fundraisers we all bear the cost of our own choice of unit to be in mini car, motorcycle, three wheeler, clown makeup etc… if anyone wants to support a charity the Shriners is the one !!

....Don't get me started on the Masons....

*Question....where in the hell do you buy one those small clown cars,.....asking for a democrat friend running for office.

caliberbob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A guy stopped at our church building and asked the song leader for cash to fix his transmission to get to his destination. Another state a long way off. He said he had references and handed the list to the song leader.

The song leader took the list and started to the building (they were in the parking lot). The grifter asked, "where are you going?" The song leader said, "to check out your references." The grifter said, "well, if you look at it like that, there aren't any!"

He grabbed the list out of the song leader's hand, jumped in his car, and squealed the tires as he left. Pretty impressive for a car with a broken transmission.

Here's a clue. If you pay taxes, you do your part to contribute to the needy. Period. If you make $150,000/yr, after deductions, you're likely paying upwards of $25,000 in taxes. And a good portion of that chunk goes to supporting poor people. Many of them don't deserve it. Many of them do. But you've already done your part. And if you give to the addicts, alcoholics and professional grifters on the street corner, all you're doing is enabling them.

I agree with everything you said. Only thing I’d add is that no one “deserves” financial support or a handout of any kind. People, human beings with compassionate hearts are kind and generous to those in need because it’s a good thing to do so. I especially think that as we become more financially affluent that we SHOULD be more generous to those in need. But like someone else mentioned, if I gift someone financially I want to know where that money is going. And if it’s going to smokes, booze, candy, etc etc then you won’t see anymore assistance from me.

HillsideDesolate

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yep. Here is guy wearing an American flag shirt with 2 dogs who was sitting in the wheelchair before he was miraculously healed and gave the dogs a ride back to his nice car. View attachment 410627
These people steal wheelchairs from hospitals constantly, which is why they went to the airport style ones that still get stolen. In Seattle we went to these 300 lb wheelchairs that were airtagged.

Latest posts

Top Bottom