Don’t ever support homeless funding

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So you can see them easily,. No excuse now for you no to give them money, or maybe is OSHA thing. LOL

What I meant was, is it a city mandate, or did a charity group go around handing out these vests? I’m guessing the panhandlers wouldn’t acquire the vests on their own initiative.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have an issue with the Red Cross, in 1968 I was notified by my mother that my brother was killed in Vietnam. I called the red cross and asked them for some information on my brother and they said they couldn't tell me since i wasn't the next of kin.
I've never donated nor had any relationship other than avoidance with them since 1968. Then in later years I heard on the news that they were rat holeing money to be used on later disasters and still asking for more money for current disasters. The Director resigned and another took her place and the cycle continues. If I give money to any organization whether it is a charity, church or individual, I want to know where that money is going because I feel I am accountable and I want it spent on somethng worthwhile.

caliberbob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If I give money to any organization whether it is a charity, church or individual, I want to know where that money is going because I feel I am accountable and I want it spent on somethng worthwhile.
100% agree. We tithe. And our church is very open about what money is spent on. If I hear about ANYTHING my church is spending money on that I disagree with, first it’s a conversation with the pastor and if that’s not satisfactory then I close my checkbook

NationalMatch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was at a gas station back then and a guy was begging for gas money with some story about how his wife was in the hospital and they needed money to go home.
A guy stopped at our church building and asked the song leader for cash to fix his transmission to get to his destination. Another state a long way off. He said he had references and handed the list to the song leader.

The song leader took the list and started to the building (they were in the parking lot). The grifter asked, "where are you going?" The song leader said, "to check out your references." The grifter said, "well, if you look at it like that, there aren't any!"

He grabbed the list out of the song leader's hand, jumped in his car, and squealed the tires as he left. Pretty impressive for a car with a broken transmission.

Here's a clue. If you pay taxes, you do your part to contribute to the needy. Period. If you make $150,000/yr, after deductions, you're likely paying upwards of $25,000 in taxes. And a good portion of that chunk goes to supporting poor people. Many of them don't deserve it. Many of them do. But you've already done your part. And if you give to the addicts, alcoholics and professional grifters on the street corner, all you're doing is enabling them.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Yep. Here is guy wearing an American flag shirt with 2 dogs who was sitting in the wheelchair before he was miraculously healed and gave the dogs a ride back to his nice car.
Logan Pass-50.jpeg

Latest posts

Top Bottom