Don’t ever support homeless funding

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What are ya'lls thoughts on giving to St. Jude Children?
St Jude does not charge patients. They do file insurance, if you have it.

They are CHILDREN'S CANCER TREATMENT. Families are provided meals and shelters. They never receive a bill.

St Jude is worthy, IMHO, until proven otherwise.

My buddy had 2 yo grandson diagnosed with leukemia. Single mom, no insurance. She lived in 4 bedroom house, with 3 other moms, within 3 blocks of hospital. Shuttle bus to hospital or store.

Son was cured at no cost.

Even with insurance, cancer is expensive. They never received a bill, for anything

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oldest son was going to a tech school and working. Met a Mexican boy there, who was riding city bus. Turned out he lived about mile and half from us.
Little shanty, parents and 6 kids. Parents were illegals. Kids born here.

Son started GIVING ride to Miguel. He was a good student, son worked for me, needed help, so I get Miquel a job. To make it to work and school, he LIVED with us. Couple months go by, we are talking school costs and find out Miquel gets FREE school, paid by taxpayers, because parents are illegals. OK, it is irritating, but he working, going to school and trying to better his situation. He is shocked at how much school actually costs.

A few weeks go by, son shows up for work alone, says Miquel didn't feel good.

Son comes in from school alone. Says he came by house, on way to class, Miquel wasn't there. Wife says he left, right after son, that morning. Hmmmmm

Next morning, he was in bed. I woke him up. He said he was sick. I explained his living in MY house was dependent on his being employed. His employment was dependent on his being in school. His school was FREE and only required his showing up and passing class.

He got up and went to work.
Son came in from class, alone. Said Miquel didn't go. I never seen Miquel, again. Son said he was selling dope, running with local gangbangers.

mikeyinokc

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yep. Some of the people begging are there everyday and spend more energy that it would take to get a job. The fat guy at NW 150th and Kelly even has his one folding chair.
Sounds like the fat guy at 150th and Santa Fe....I was pulling into the CVS across from his "place" one morning recently, saw him getting out of a fairly new SUV that a woman was driving. He takes his chair, and backpack, and crosses the street to his normal place. He's always wearing a dirty shirt with holes in it to help portray his "sad " situation.

jackinok09

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have an issue with the Red Cross, in 1968 I was notified by my mother that my brother was killed in Vietnam. I called the red cross and asked them for some information on my brother and they said they couldn't tell me since i wasn't the next of kin.
I've never donated nor had any relationship other than avoidance with them since 1968. Then in later years I heard on the news that they were rat holeing money to be used on later disasters and still asking for more money for current disasters. The Director resigned and another took her place and the cycle continues. If I give money to any organization whether it is a charity, church or individual, I want to know where that money is going because I feel I am accountable and I want it spent on somethng worthwhile.
Ever check on what directors and stuff of red cross makes? It would shock you

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sounds like the fat guy at 150th and Santa Fe....I was pulling into the CVS across from his "place" one morning recently, saw him getting out of a fairly new SUV that a woman was driving. He takes his chair, and backpack, and crosses the street to his normal place. He's always wearing a dirty shirt with holes in it to help portray his "sad " situation.
I’ve seen that guy. Been leary and wondering about these bums.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
We gave to Feed the Children for YEARS. When the infighting began and all of the money was going to legal fees it was Bye Felicia.....
We did too. I really liked Larry Jones. I still don't believe he was that bad and I still think it was a hostile takeover.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
....Don't get me started on the Masons....

*Question....where in the hell do you buy one those small clown cars,.....asking for a democrat friend running for office.
Which one? they have small 18 wheelers now.
1694905972264.png

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree that most are a scam or upper management gets paid big bucks, I am a Shriner and we have 1 part time paid secretary at our temples a portion goes to utilities and upkeep and all the rest goes to our hospitals and transportation to treat our kids, When we do parades, and other fundraisers we all bear the cost of our own choice of unit to be in mini car, motorcycle, three wheeler, clown makeup etc… if anyone wants to support a charity the Shriners is the one !!
Is there a list of parade cars y'all approve of, or is it just a chapter by chapter choice? I've seen different vehicles by different chapters or whatever you call them. One group had High Wheeler Bicycles, one had Mini 18 wheelers, one had the mini speed boats, and on and on.

Latest posts

Top Bottom