Federal legalized marijuana one step closer

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Oh, the "it has 'X' times the amount of carcinogens as tobacco" scare tactic has already been out there for some time. They never mention that no one smokes 30 joints a day, but a pack-and-a-half a day cig habit isn't all that uncommon.

Keep telling yourself that, maybe someday you will believe it. No one I know in the medical field does.

Dumpstick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
First, I want to say that my belief is that an adult should take their own decisions. What you do, as an adult (or several adults), IN PRIVATE, is your business.
Smoke whatever, consume whatever, engage in whatever non-fatal behavior. Your business.
When it affects public safety or peace, that's another matter.

Having said that, I think the biggest point of that article is bring glossed over.

They propose creating another bureaucracy.
More union members on the taxpayer payroll.
More union dues flooding into the coffers of one particular party.

It is absolutely about money (and power), but not the way you think.

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
First, I want to say that my belief is that an adult should take their own decisions. What you do, as an adult (or several adults), IN PRIVATE, is your business.
Smoke whatever, consume whatever, engage in whatever non-fatal behavior. Your business.
When it affects public safety or peace, that's another matter.

Having said that, I think the biggest point of that article is bring glossed over.

They propose creating another bureaucracy.
More union members on the taxpayer payroll.
More union dues flooding into the coffers of one particular party.

It is absolutely about money (and power), but not the way you think.

This is what I don’t like. It can never just be freedom for the people. Gotta be a big ol expensive mess attached to it.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity as I've not researched this, with all the hoopla about vaping with THC in the mix causing the health problems, won't the THC in "legal" MJ have the potential of causing the same problem? Or, is it the combination of the THC and the rest of the vaping mix interacting that causes the vaping problem?

Dumpstick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity as I've not researched this, with all the hoopla about vaping with THC in the mix causing the health problems, won't the THC in "legal" MJ have the potential of causing the same problem? Or, is it the combination of the THC and the rest of the vaping mix interacting that causes the vaping problem?
I think the folks researching this have zeroed in in other materials in the mix, not so much the THC.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can't wait to see people's faces when it gets linked to lung cancer or something and the government starts trying to tax it out of existence like they have with tobacco.
you act like its a new thing LMFAO. Hell, since the war on drugs, there are more drugs available on the streets than any time in history. ANd no, there is no correlation to lung cancer and weed, It has none of those pesky chemical carcinogens that Phillip Morris puts in cigs.

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I think anytime you inhale something other than air there is risk. Yes the vaping mix is probably not good for you. Thinking that you can vape all day and not have some issues from is absurd. Smoke or inhale anything a lot and it’ll cause problems. Alcohol is a carcinogen. I’m surprised it’s not talked about more.

Latest posts

Top Bottom