Feeding my pet catfish

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Small solar panel, battery and LED lights probably be easy to set up on a pipe over the pond
Great idea!
Edit: One of those 12V bug zappers with a built in solar panel would work. $38.99 at Amazon
Anysun Solar Powered Bug Zapper, Portable Rechargeable Insect Mosquito Killer Lantern, Gnats, Flies, Pests Attractant Trap, Waterproof and Indoor & Outdoor - Backyard, Patio, Deck, Garden, Camping https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08YZ1JVJY/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_42RFB9VA6XBCXGNKXXX2
C2B985F7-EF91-4FD0-9648-887FD880AE8A.png

Last edited:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They will also get used to the time of day you feed them. They will be waiting...even river catfish!
Absolutely. My Uncle had a dock with a cabin on a local lake back in the day. The guy two cabins down owned a small family grocery store.
Every day after quitting time, he would come to the dock with the old bread to feed the catfish. They would swarm him.
We would slip in there next to his dock prior to his arrival, and after he left. We couldn't catch a danged thing be cause he got their like clockwork and they knew easy food was in order.

magna19

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My Grandpa used to work at Tishomingo National Fish Hatchery back in 60's and 70's. We would get to go with him when feeding the fish. The breeder channel cat tank was pretty cool to watch when feeding, He would bang on the side of the truck and within 15 sec these big shadows would appear under the surface then several scoops of feed tossed out in the water. They were huge channels. I remember him saying the breeders were about 10-15 lbs with eggs But the show was when we went to the smallmouth bass tank and the food hit the water. The eruption of topwater feeding was like no other. Used to have old 8mm video not sure of its wherabouts

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Earlier in the summer, I was asked to catch catfish from a pond that was drying up. They fed the fish a few times a week. We didn't have any problem catching the fish on a piece of hot dog. I didn't know how many cats were in the pond and used up a pack of hot dogs before we caught all of the fish. We could catch 4-5 per hot dog.

Latest posts

Top Bottom