Fiance left me for a "new adventure"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have to leave for awhile now.

Driving to Alaska...then Oregon to see family...then down the coast into Mexico until I feel like coming back... See everyone on the flip side.

This sounds like a lot more fun than a wedding. God luck and good speed, man. Don't get engaged again.

Thank you ...

Thank you. The institution of marriage is not the fairy-tale it used to be (At my age, I'm beginning to suspect it never really was all that great ... but I digress), especially in the minds of women. Younger women have been brought up on reality tv, where it's all about "the game" ... bigger, better, faster ... They don't know what they want so they flit from man to man to man trying to find it even though they aren't really sure what they are looking for ... except for maybe a foreign car :wink2: It's not about finding "love" whateverthehell that is ... It's about finding the man who will buy you the most stuff and cause you the least amount of "muss and fuss" ... Kim Kardashian is a classic example ... And every woman I know wants to be just like her ...

My advice (and it's worth what he paid for it) to ZH is this ... Find a woman (or three even) who are gainfully employed in a profession (and not at 7-11 or Night Trips -- especially not Night Trips ;) ) and is already her "own person" if that makes any sense at all. THOSE girls are the ones who will make good friends and interesting bedfellows ... It's not as much about looks as it is mutual respect (and skill ... but if someone really strikes your fancy check, and is amenable, take the time to see if they are "trainable"). He already has "one leg up" so to speak ... EVERY girl wants to sleep with the band ... :D

Humans are animals and a marriage is a cage. Animals aren't ever really comfortable in a cage. I know many couples who got divorced because they were too freaked out by that cage, those ties, that ink on paper. The less you have to run from, the less you want to stray. I also have very minority views re: relationships and sex. Like you say, mutual respect. You don't try to make someone stick around, sometimes they end up wanting to. The divorce rate for 1st marriages tells me pretty clearly that most of us aren't cut out for it.

Your advice is the most solid **** I've seen. But I've been struggling with women who are their "own person" for a long time. I'm my own person, and I jive better with irrational, carefree hippie chicks. I've tried. I've tried with a reclusive miser, I've tried with a teacher...I've tried. I'm way too grounded and responsible to have any fun with them. I've finally came to grips I'll be dabbling in crazy forever. It can, when done right, strike a nice balance though. I can keep them from being too stupid, and they can keep me from being too boring. I fully admit it's a lot rougher road, but it's my milieu.

Several times in my past I had folks (yes, usually women but sometimes an occasional fella who was "just looking out for me" :rolleyes:) actually say to me "You could do so much better in the looks department". :lookaroun WTF?!?!?!!? Like I ASKED you to comment on my latest fling?!??! For your information he can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his tongue. Now excuse me while I go find out when your boyfriend is coming over for our weekly "football game", ***** ...

Bwahaha. Oh my god, you're doing the Lord's work on the board lately.

Lawl on the looks thing. I get some sick sadistic pleasure whenever I get the "what the hell is she doing with him?" look from people. Especially if it's an old high school classmate I run into around town. Nerds learn to be funny, and funny nerds who eat a lot of sundaes learn how to do the cherry stem thing. :lookaroun

tntrex

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Since you're a musician, sing with me:

You've got to...... learn how to pick 'em,........ learn how to lick 'em,......... learn how to stick 'em
then you
trick 'em, dick 'em , & drop kick 'em

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, we are the hottest couple on here...
The Brad and Angelina of OSA!!!

Don't we wish?!?!? ;)

Hard to...all I can do right now is plan the trip and take the **** off.

If that's all you can do, then that's all you can do. Don't sweat it. I don't think anybody here said it doesn't suck a bull's balls ... Just that it didn't kill us ... (You better post from time to time though ... else I'll worry ... You don't want that on your conscience, now do ya? ;) )

noslogto

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You guys are making me regret getting married.....
I HAVE to wake up every morning to the smell of coffee made by a beautiful creature....and I don't even get to play that game..."What was your name again, hon?"

Then after sitting on the back deck watching the sun rise, drinking coffee, talking about the plans of the day, I HAVE to wait around for my home made omelet or ham and eggs. I'd love to have cold cereal once in a while. Or nothing.

I don't even GET to iron my own clothes....all I get to do is lay what I want ironed on the ironing board. How does that iron even work anyway?
Don't even ask me how clean clothes end up in my closet every day. I've never seen a washer or dryer around here!

Yep, you guessed it...I don't even GET to mow my own lawn... and it's 2.5 acres! (Ok, maybe I do know how to run the weed eater and push mower.)

As for the lovely wife? She hates being a domestic housewife. She never has her own money, just a bunch of credit cards that somehow get paid off every month. Hates to brag on her kids that are in college or have a family of their own.

....and clubbing? Ain't got no time for dat! Our time unfortunately is spent snow skiing on Mt St. Sauveur in Montreal, Canada or snorkeling in the Caymans or hiking the Bright Angel trail or walking the North Shore of Prince Edward Island. Yeah, us married folk live a bored life and I'm starting to regret it!!

Well, I guess I should get out of bed so she can get busy...besides, I need to start planning the details to that trip to Alaska!

Sorry to be an anomaly to your paradigm. The fact is, marriage does work.:P

AllOut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You guys are making me regret getting married.....
I HAVE to wake up every morning to the smell of coffee made by a beautiful creature....and I don't even get to play that game..."What was your name again, hon?"

Then after sitting on the back deck watching the sun rise, drinking coffee, talking about the plans of the day, I HAVE to wait around for my home made omelet or ham and eggs. I'd love to have cold cereal once in a while. Or nothing.

I don't even GET to iron my own clothes....all I get to do is lay what I want ironed on the ironing board. How does that iron even work anyway?
Don't even ask me how clean clothes end up in my closet every day. I've never seen a washer or dryer around here!

Yep, you guessed it...I don't even GET to mow my own lawn... and it's 2.5 acres! (Ok, maybe I do know how to run the weed eater and push mower.)

As for the lovely wife? She hates being a domestic housewife. She never has her own money, just a bunch of credit cards that somehow get paid off every month. Hates to brag on her kids that are in college or have a family of their own.

....and clubbing? Ain't got no time for dat! Our time unfortunately is spent snow skiing on Mt St. Sauveur in Montreal, Canada or snorkeling in the Caymans or hiking the Bright Angel trail or walking the North Shore of Prince Edward Island. Yeah, us married folk live a bored life and I'm starting to regret it!!

Well, I guess I should get out of bed so she can get busy...besides, I need to start planning the details to that trip to Alaska!

Sorry to be an anomaly to your paradigm. The fact is, marriage does work.:P

I've been married for 5 years, life was kinda like you layed out...
Except the bitching, arguing constants crap about her having to do all that stuff.
I kicked her ass out in January and been happy every since. I found the washer and dryer and it really wasn't that hard to figure out lol.
But seriously, I'm happy for you and your marriage. I actually wish I could have been happy in mine...
Maybe now ill find a woman who can truly make me happy and I make her just as happy. Or I'll stay single and happy ; )

Latest posts

Top Bottom