Fiance left me for a "new adventure"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yessir, be upfront and honest, you would be surprised how many women, aren't looking anything serious, just something regular.

Thank you ...

Don't get married. Ever.

Nobody.

Just don't.

Thank you. The institution of marriage is not the fairy-tale it used to be (At my age, I'm beginning to suspect it never really was all that great ... but I digress), especially in the minds of women. Younger women have been brought up on reality tv, where it's all about "the game" ... bigger, better, faster ... They don't know what they want so they flit from man to man to man trying to find it even though they aren't really sure what they are looking for ... except for maybe a foreign car :wink2: It's not about finding "love" whateverthehell that is ... It's about finding the man who will buy you the most stuff and cause you the least amount of "muss and fuss" ... Kim Kardashian is a classic example ... And every woman I know wants to be just like her ...

My advice (and it's worth what he paid for it) to ZH is this ... Find a woman (or three even) who are gainfully employed in a profession (and not at 7-11 or Night Trips -- especially not Night Trips ;) ) and is already her "own person" if that makes any sense at all. THOSE girls are the ones who will make good friends and interesting bedfellows ... It's not as much about looks as it is mutual respect (and skill ... but if someone really strikes your fancy check, and is amenable, take the time to see if they are "trainable"). He already has "one leg up" so to speak ... EVERY girl wants to sleep with the band ... :D

Several times in my past I had folks (yes, usually women but sometimes an occasional fella who was "just looking out for me" :rolleyes:) actually say to me "You could do so much better in the looks department". :lookaroun WTF?!?!?!!? Like I ASKED you to comment on my latest fling?!??! For your information he can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his tongue. Now excuse me while I go find out when your boyfriend is coming over for our weekly "football game", ***** ...

It's not the generally acceptable way of living life (less of a problem for men than it was for women back in my day -- pesky labels ... I was not a slut ... I was adventuresome ... If I'd been a guy I would have been idolized LOL ...

And BE CAREFUL ... Always wear a sock I don't care WHAT she says ... Carry your own supply and whip it out FIRST. Don't wait for her to ask you if you have any ... Too many things out there you can catch these days that will screw up your world (not the least of which is an unplanned pregnancy) ...

OK ... that's the end of my motherly advice for ZH today ... :D

Ok, Im officially jealous of you and not ZH.

:rollingla Me too!! :wink2:

What if you're too boring?

Of all the things I've thought about ZH when reading his posts, "boring" was NO WHERE in there ... LOL

I know its a stretch, but if it is a chick she left you for, I'd lobby for a "going away present", and you might get a dream of a lifetime in return.

BTW my post is in jest, as I have followed this thread all the way through.

Believe it or not, I know someone who had that very thing happen to him. His ex- wanted him to help her by fathering a child with her girlfriend :lookaroun Uhhhhh ... You wanna wind up paying child support to your ex- and her new BFF?? Uhhhh, yeah, I didn't think so ... I'd pass thankyouverymuch ... He's not looking for "THE CRAZY" ... just a little entertainment from time to time ... :D

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It can actually work out pretty well
Trust me, just gotta find the right ones.
But yes it can defiantly turn out bad too!

Like with this one?

images2.wikia.nocookie.net___cb20110120023621_theamericandad_images_3_3f_Ad_ep005_18.jpg

ZombieHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'll be around....thanks for the love...BB...you sound a lot like my grandma...thank you for the advice...very very much.

I feel like a broken person at this point....remember how I said no connection I can't do it...dead inside... Maybe one day they will sing tales of ZH the great man whore down in Mexico..this is my goal.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'll be around....thanks for the love...BB...you sound a lot like my grandma...thank you for the advice...very very much.

I feel like a broken person at this point....remember how I said no connection I can't do it...dead inside... Maybe one day they will sing tales of ZH the great man whore down in Mexico..this is my goal.

I never said "no connection" either ... You can sleep with friends and remain friends ... I still get an occasional phone call from an "old friend". All that said, I will say this, if it's not in your constitution to keep things "happy and carefree" and it truly is a relationship you want, then be very, very picky. Some chickadee seems to good to be true?? THAT'S BECAUSE SHE IS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE!! Make them work for it ... That's the only way you are gonna find one worth keeping ...

Ask GC how many times he asked me out before I finally aquiecsed ... And even after we started dating I spent an inordinate amount of time trying to run him off ... I'm not gonna be somebody's ex-wife's babysitter every other weekend ... I'm not gonna do this ... I'm not gonna do that ... Oh, well, shoot yeah, we can do THAT all day long! LOL :wink2:

He's a good man but I swear there are days I could smother him in his sleep. Pretty sure he feels the same way about me, too ... :lookaroun Did I mention I was 41 when he showed up? Yeah ... He was 35, I think ... maybe 36, I don't remember ... lol Man ... I'm feeling really O.L.D. right now! :D

You'll be fine. Got a pretty good head on your shoulders. Just rock on down the road, dude.

ETA: Your grandma sounds like a very, very cook chickadee! LOL

ZombieHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anyone know where I can sell this ring...without any explanations. I don't think I can handle explaining it to a stranger in person...kinda just want to walk in hand it and a license over...get some scratch and be on my way

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anyone know where I can sell this ring...without any explanations. I don't think I can handle explaining it to a stranger in person...kinda just want to walk in hand it and a license over...get some scratch and be on my way

The jewelry store I bought mine at, had a no questions return policy for full amount you paid for I think 180 days regardless of market price. Had a similar situation as yours, except she cheated and I gave her the boot.

Not going to make confessions here, but situations like that will change ya. I did a lot of farming after that.

Latest posts

Top Bottom