Fiddleback bite......?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have not been bitten (yet) but I kill many Brown recluse spiders in my house every year (I spray and fog and find lots of dead ones on the floor the next several days). I expect to have to deal with a bite sooner or later. That said, I have researched it and like others have said, time is of the escence here. Waiting will allow it to further damage the tissue and cause problems. It won't get better by itself.
Last week I was moving a wood pile (classic place to find a fiddle back) and I felt something biting my arm and I looked and see some brown spider legs sticking out from my shirt sleeve...I swatted it off and stomped it only partially smashing it and upon closer inspection, it turns out to be a wolf spider. WHEW! It didn't even leave a mark and didn't hurt really at all.

jim7711

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This really works but you have to act in the first 48 hours.

http://royblizzard.hubpages.com/hub/Brown-Recluse-Spider-Bites-A-Cure

A good friend of mine got bit and was able to catch the spider. He found out about this and had his doctor prescribe him the patches and it really works good. The bite area completely healed. Before he applied the patches his bite was starting to turn black.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, if it isn't one damn thing it's another. I got stung just last night by what I assumed was a little brown Oklahoma scorpian. It was dark I had been asleep and never found him. Those things tend to be harmless as a bee sting. Today my hand is swelled up like a catcher's mit. When it rains it pours. And when it don't rain, it's even worse.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, if it isn't one damn thing it's another. I got stung just last night by what I assumed was a little brown Oklahoma scorpian. It was dark I had been asleep and never found him. Those things tend to be harmless as a bee sting. Today my hand is swelled up like a catcher's mit. When it rains it pours. And when it don't rain, it's even worse.

Hmmmm ... that does sound like a scorpion bite. My dad's hand swelled up so bad he had to cut his leather glove off. I don't think you're gonna die but I think you will probably wish you would before it's all over. ;)

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This really works but you have to act in the first 48 hours.

http://royblizzard.hubpages.com/hub/Brown-Recluse-Spider-Bites-A-Cure

A good friend of mine got bit and was able to catch the spider. He found out about this and had his doctor prescribe him the patches and it really works good. The bite area completely healed. Before he applied the patches his bite was starting to turn black.

That is very interesting, I'll file that one in the front section of my frontal lobe!

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hmmmm ... that does sound like a scorpion bite. My dad's hand swelled up so bad he had to cut his leather glove off. I don't think you're gonna die but I think you will probably wish you would before it's all over. ;)
Scorpian stings never affected me that way before, but perhaps, since I'm on my last legs, thats the way they'll affect me from now on.

Also: I garauntdamntee you I'm gonna die, but not today (with any luck)

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
this morning it felt a little sensitive and it looks like a pimple. like a white spot in the middle and darkened red skin around it and seems to be getting a little bigger as the day goes on.

Did it look like this?
awww.ento.okstate.edu_ddd_Images_brownreclusebite.jpg

If you wait, if may look like this by Monday.
[Broken External Image]

Heres an interesting cure I came across...
http://www.carrollconews.com/story/1459718.html

thaHooligan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
yea it pretty much looks just like that first picture there right now. i really dont want to spend my birthday, yes today is my birthday!, sitting in the hospital waiting to see a doctor. i live in a small town with a little clinic, im going to go see what they say about it right now.

Latest posts

Top Bottom