Fiddleback bite......?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jhawknokc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a bite a month ago or so on my elbow and it got too a pretty good size, whitehead and all. I popped it, but it really made my elbow sore. A week later we found 2 recluses in 2 days. I'm not for sure if my bite was a recluse bite or not, but I've always been under the impression that it was a wait and see thing. You kind of treat the symptoms. I have heard that the tissue decay did not effect every person. But that was all hearsay. let us know what the Doc says for sure. Also take pictures if you can.

WTJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Was bitten in the same location. Turned into blood poisoning. The doc I got was a tropical medicine guy and he told me another day or two and the leg may have had to come off. DO NOT WAIT!

thaHooligan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
alright, so i went to the indian hospital and got it checked out. he said that it was some type of infection and not a spider bite. he said it was good that i came in though because it would have gotten worse. he sliced it open and squeezed the **** out of it, literally. then he pretty much said see ya later. just keep it clean. it sure did look like the pictures i looked at and the day before yesterday i felt something on the back of my neck and brushed it off and it turned out to be a fiddleback. i smashed it like king kong with way more force than was necessary. so anyway, i guess im good to go. thanks for all the info everyone. i wouldnt have went if i didnt get all the replies so quickly from you guys (and gals). time for BIRTHDAY CAKE AND BEER!!!!

-Pjackso

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Those damned Brown Recluses scares the de-geezes out of me.
WARNING, GRAPHIC PICTURES: Google Images - Brown Recluse Bites

Like others in this thread, I've found WAAAYYY too many of them in my house. It kinda bothers me that I MAY get bitten some day.
BUT IT DAMNED SCARES ME THAT MY DAUGHTER MAY GET BITTEN! (1.5 yrs old)

We pay pest guys to come and spray every 4 months. ($100 each time!)
...And we STILL find spiders (all kinds) in the house. Just not as often.

...SO...
Other than nuking it from orbit, or killing it with fire,
What poison works on Brown Recluses? (spraying house)

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dont waste your money paying an exterminator to kill common house bugs. I had one out and watched him do his thing, he sprayed all my baseboards and fogged the atic. I asked him what chems he used and he gave me an education. Home Defense from Lowes has the same active ingredient that he used, and the same strength. He advised me to use it myself and save me the fee he charged. The key he said is spray to baseboards because water will neutralize the poison so if you mop the floor, your poison is no more. Also heat and sunlight will break it down so in the garage you need to spray every month. This stuff does not have an odor and it DOES work.
"Home Defense"... I forget the active ingredient.

soonersfan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
First, I am glad the OP is ok.
Second, I have never seen a spider in my house but I am certain I am going to sense that they are crawling all over me tonight.
Third, despite the warning, I looked at the pictures. Now I have a stomach churn to go along with the skin crawling.
Finally, plus one on the home defense. I have been using the stuff for a few years and have been very happy with it. Our last house was 2,800 ft on the first floor with a four car garage and I could do the whole house twice on one $20 gallon of home defense. It didn't do much for crickets but we never had any other bug problems.

elwoodtrix

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had, what I thought, a spider bite on my hip... it got to be 3 inches in diameter last thursday, went to the dr on friday. He got a sample from the butter that came out of it, put me on bactrim, and told me he would call on lab results... monday, get a call, stalph infection.... yea. Instructions on px bottle "you should avoid prolonged exposure to direct and/or artificial sunlight while taking this medicine" great.

itzkwik

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
alright, so i went to the indian hospital and got it checked out. he said that it was some type of infection and not a spider bite. he said it was good that i came in though because it would have gotten worse. he sliced it open and squeezed the **** out of it, literally. then he pretty much said see ya later. just keep it clean. it sure did look like the pictures i looked at and the day before yesterday i felt something on the back of my neck and brushed it off and it turned out to be a fiddleback. i smashed it like king kong with way more force than was necessary. so anyway, i guess im good to go. thanks for all the info everyone. i wouldnt have went if i didnt get all the replies so quickly from you guys (and gals). time for BIRTHDAY CAKE AND BEER!!!!

Get ya some glue traps,they work great probly better than anything IMO,and don't kill the wolf spiders,they eat fiddle widlers.

-Pjackso

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Latest posts

Top Bottom