Fiddleback bite......?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jim7711

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I should add that my buddy just cut the nitroglycerin patch to the size of the bite wound. He said it caused some mild headaches, but nothing major.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
yea it pretty much looks just like that first picture there right now. i really dont want to spend my birthday, yes today is my birthday!, sitting in the hospital waiting to see a doctor. i live in a small town with a little clinic, im going to go see what they say about it right now.
Happy birthday! Let us know what you find out.

OKIE-CARBINE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i would go on in to lawton. i had an infection in my 'under-belly fold' from either a pimple or an ingrown hair or something. i waited and waited thinking it was going to be alright. well by the time i gave in and went to the hospital, they had to do surgery and cut all the dead tissue out. i was thinking it was a brown recluse bite, they never did tell me exactly what it was. just google brown recluse bite. spider bites aint nothing to mess around with.

j-dubb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got bit by a spider on my forearm it was one of the MOST painful things I have ever gone through in my life and I would consider myself to have a very high pain tolerance. Couldnt sleep at night it was so painful, forearm swelled up like a balloon, the swelling went up my forearm towards my shoulder before the medicine started to kick in. Ended up having a bullet type looking scar on my forearm, dead tissue around the scar and no feeling for about an inch around it to this day. Also you will have fun squeezing the toothpaste type looking crap out of your bite for a few days once it decides to heal. I dont wish that pain on anyone. I kill EVERY spider I see now. Changed my outlook on spiders, their no joke.

71buickfreak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My house is full of all 4 bad ones- Black widows (killed one 2 days ago), fiddlebacks, Brown widows (tons of those), and wolf spiders. I kill em all. Wolf spiders are disgusting. You can kill one, then about 50,000 teeny tiny babies come crawling off its back, fist time I saw that, I about puked.

MDT

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Unfortunately there's not an easy way to tell what bit you unless you saw the critter that did it. Doctors and ERs have antivenom for poisonous animals, but will be reluctant to pump you full of it unless it's confirmed what bit you, even if you swear you saw what it was but were unable to bring it in for verification. Other bugs can leave bite marks similar to fiddlebacks, like wolf spiders for example.

Either way, you'll need a doctor to at least look at and treat the flesh wound.

no antivenin for recluse. there is drug available through arizona poison control for arizona recluse bites, but practically speaking, nothing here. recluse bites are a watch and wait kind of thing. to my knowledge, the nitro thing hasn't been validated by studies. kinda like electric shock for snake bite. doesn't work. the tissue necrosis is a real concern, fortunately, it really doesn't happen that often. when it does though, it leaves an impression .

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
yea it pretty much looks just like that first picture there right now. i really dont want to spend my birthday, yes today is my birthday!, sitting in the hospital waiting to see a doctor. i live in a small town with a little clinic, im going to go see what they say about it right now.

Happy Birthday!!

Oh ... and about waiting 'til Monday ... I went from having a small pimple to having a very large golfball to apricot-sized hot, weeping abscess on my leg in 72 hours ... Just so you know ... I never did find out if it was a spider bite or just an ingrown hair that got infected but I can tell you this -- Just about the time they were lancing that thing and then packing it with gauze I really didn't care what it was that caused it. I just wanted it OVER ...

Latest posts

Top Bottom