First Ticket EVER 1 Question for LEO or lawyer

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lurkerinthewoods

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
I moved here from GA last year. I have NEVER heard of a medic or firefighter in GA getting a ticket. Not saying it is right, it was just how it was. Not that us firefighters were complaining or anything. Lol.

I have never understood the mentality that Medics and Firefighters and LEO for that matter feel they should be exempt from obeying traffic laws. I also understand not all believe this, and that there is a "brotherhood" that goes with being in these service sectors. I think as a medic you shown a total disregard for the safety of other drivers around you. It is my opinion, since you have been trained (as you put it), you should have been held to a higher standard and either ticketed for the correct speed over, or arrested for reckless driving.

But as I think about it longer, the fact you are from GA probably weighed on the officers mind and he felt forcing you to "own up" to what you were doing probably would have sent you into a curl over and whimper state of mind, he decided his shift was almost over and it was best to let you move on down the road.

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a similar ticket about 3 years ago. The officer wrote it for 10 over though I was more like 13 over. I didn't question it and just sent in the payment since it was about an hour drive away and I didn't think I could do any better in traffic court.

Firemedic183

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
But as I think about it longer, the fact you are from GA probably weighed on the officers mind and he felt forcing you to "own up" to what you were doing probably would have sent you into a curl over and whimper state of mind, he decided his shift was almost over and it was best to let you move on down the road.
Please allow me to correct you on a few things...Firstly I am not FROM Georgia. I was stationed there for 10 years. I am from Idaho originally. Secondly, what are you talking about? Curl over and whimper state of mind? To be arrested for reckless driving you have to be going TWENTY MILES OVER THE SPEED LIMIT. So in the eyes of the law I was not "reckless driving." Furthermore...It was 10:00am so call me crazy, but I doubt that his shift was almost over. I will go so far as to even agree with you that public safety personnel should be held to a higher standard. Had the officer ticketed me at the speed I was going, I would have paid an extra $31.00, NOT been arrested. Before you decide to bash someone in the future, maybe do a little research and get your facts straight. I have no problem with anyone voicing their opinion, or sharing their point of view, however before you judge me I just ask...are you really that perfect???

Firemedic183

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If anybody ever has the time I highly reccomend attending traffic court in talequah. Cheaper than a movie and just as entertaining.
I bet...One of my favorite quotes has always been "Once you join emergency services, you have just gotten the best ticket to the best show on earth." Truer words have never been spoken.

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Medic welcome to the forum.

You have to stop taking some of the jesting seriously. The [sarcasm /off] button broke on OSA longgggg ago. With that being said I hope you have fun with on here with us.

Latest posts

Top Bottom