Florida governor signs welfare drug-screen measure

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I see your viewpoint. How about this angle then...To get welfare, you do not have to provide a service (like you do to get a check from a job). So, if they are getting money for free, why not have some strings attached. What I'm trying to say is, if you want money for free, then you have to show proof you aren't doing something illegal with it.

Excect, that 1) I don't particularly agree with welfare (the cash TANF, anyway. WIC and Medicaid and Section 8 at least are non-cash), except in the most dire of circumstances, and 2) The money would not be used on "illegal" things if prohibition was ended (not saying that that one SHOULD spend the money on drugs, but just pointing out legalization would of course change the classification of what is considered "illegal").

When they go for application of beni's, they'll just pack a condom in their shorts full of someone elses "clean" piss in order to pass the test.

Exactly! I doubt this will make any perceivable difference in how many users are receiving TANF. They'll just find another way to game the system.

In other words, I am Libertarian. Let's mitigate our welfare, and end prohibition. Then B.S. legislation like this is extraneous.

Last edited:

radarmonkey

Let's go Brandon
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Expect, that 1) I don't particularly agree with welfare (the cash TANF, anyway. WIC and Medicaid and Section 8 at least are non-cash), except in the most dire of circumstances, and 2) The money would not be used on "illegal" things if prohibition was ended (not saying that that one SHOULD spend the money on drugs, but just pointing out legalization would of course change the classification of what is considered "illegal").

Exactly! I doubt this will make any perceivable difference in how many users are receiving TANF. They'll just find another way to game the system.

In other words, I am Libertarian. Let's mitigate our welfare, and end prohibition. Then B.S. legislation like this is extraneous.

I agree with that.

Latest posts

Top Bottom