Florida governor signs welfare drug-screen measure

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grizzly97

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Expect, that 1) I don't particularly agree with welfare (the cash TANF, anyway. WIC and Medicaid and Section 8 at least are non-cash), except in the most dire of circumstances, and 2) The money would not be used on "illegal" things if prohibition was ended (not saying that that one SHOULD spend the money on drugs, but just pointing out legalization would of course change the classification of what is considered "illegal").

Good points. I guess I just can't understand how people on welfare get upset that they have to actually do something for their free money. I was raised with the mentality that if you want something, work and pay for it with the money you earn. The only thing my parents ever bought me (since I was able to hold a job, and not counting presents from holidays and such) was my first car. It was a 1985 Bronco II that barely ran. It cost $500 and I fixed it up, got insurance, and paid for it all with my own money.

maxim240sx

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think its a good thing. People who are on drugs don't need to be getting tax dollars. If you can perform sex acts or barter for drugs you can perform sex acts or barter for a can of corn.

This^^^^^^ I'm so tired of people mooching off the system because their too F'ing lazy to provide for their own family. We don't require them to have 7 kids and not think about what they are gonna do for food. If they don't want to piss in a cup for the benefits, go get a damn job. What really burns me up is being single and no kids I pay in a buttload of federal taxes each year. They in February I get back a few dollars. Now these people with several kids pay in about as much taxes as I get in my return. BUT they get back more then I even pay in? What kind of ass backwards system is this? So I work and pay my bills, and I don't get free groceries or free housing? But I do get to pay for some crack whore with 5 kids from 5 different daddies. Gotta love america...

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yet the alcoholic who can't be proven to be an alcohol abuser if he can sober up long enough to take a piss test for his welfare check can continue to be a burden and abuse a chemical substance...

I am actually conflicted by this for multiple reasons, on one hand I agree with the law on fiscal responsibility grounds it's a step in the right direction on the other hand I disagree with it because it offends my lbretarian principles.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Also keep in mind this applies to TANF, according to the article. TANF is the cash assistance that was enacted under Clinton (and before we bash him or that era's Congress, remember TANF is actually a more restrictive replacement to its predecessor, AFDC). This would not apply to other forms of welfare (Section 8, WIC, SNAP aka food stamps, Medicaid).

So how much impact is it really going to have? IMHO TANF is ridiculous, and as asinine as Earned Income Credit allowing people to get more back thant they paid in taxes in a given year (the welfare tax refund).

AC37

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When they go for application of beni's, they'll just pack a condom in their shorts full of someone elses "clean" piss in order to pass the test.

Bingo. This law has good theory but poor practice; won't change a darn thing in reality, other than cost taxpayers more money.

If you accept the validity of getting something for nothing via welfare, don't act so surprised when the scumbags you don't want getting that money to find an easy way around the system to get it.

tran

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
The company I work for follows you into the rest room. This will stop someone else, from pissing in the bottle. If you cant pass the test then, I don't give a **** if you starve.

Latest posts

Top Bottom