Flu Shot didn't work

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don't do it, Patrick! They're going to implant this year's tracking devices that have audio and video capability.... didn't Alex Jones tell you??? :P :P :P\

j/k man. Much love, long time no squeeze! :D

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
For those that like to get a flu shot, just ask your doctor in advance for the single dose vial...it doesn't contain the mercury-based preservative. Otherwise, you and your kids will get a shot from the "community" vial (multi-dose) and get the mercury unnecessarily. Pragmatism - try it! Unfortunately you still get rat poison (aka formaldehyde) regardless.

Ace_on_the_Turn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
For those that like to get a flu shot, just ask your doctor in advance for the single dose vial...it doesn't contain the mercury-based preservative. Otherwise, you and your kids will get a shot from the "community" vial (multi-dose) and get the mercury unnecessarily. Pragmatism - try it! Unfortunately you still get rat poison (aka formaldehyde) regardless.

For those that like to get a flu shot, ask your doctor (you know, the one with an advanced education and medical degree) what is safe for you and your family and never, ever take any kind of advice from a Google educated internet "expert". And no, staying at a Holiday Inn Express does not help.

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
For those that like to get a flu shot, ask your doctor (you know, the one with an advanced education and medical degree) what is safe for you and your family and never, ever take any kind of advice from a Google educated internet "expert". And no, staying at a Holiday Inn Express does not help.

Your statement proves we are declining as a society...you lust for authority and other men to tell you even the most basic things. Did you listen to the experts on the Iraq war Ace? I'm sure those intelligence experts had an "advanced education". Grown men with decent IQ's do not need other men to tell them something that is well-established. (such as less mercury is better than more if you have the choice). I'm sure you could find varying OPINIONS about a wide variety of topics among doctors that all of their "advanced education". And I'm sure you'd attack any doctor who did not espouse YOUR opinion.

The merits of my statements stand on their own and FYI, it was my own pulmonologist that told me this; he orders the single doses for old people and children on his own based on his "advanced education", and also for people who request it or otherwise have concerns.

When is the last time YOU Ace did some research about some topic (optics for an AR15 or something you like), and you took into account other people's opinions (some with "advanced educations" and some novice) and used your own power of reason & intellect to make a decision for yourself based on what you learned? Why is that such a bad thing...would you rather be TOLD what to think and what to do, especially when it comes to YOUR body? I bet you money you are "pro-choice" when it comes to abortion though :)

Ace_on_the_Turn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Your statement proves we are declining as a society...you lust for authority and other men to tell you even the most basic things. Did you listen to the experts on the Iraq war Ace? I'm sure those intelligence experts had an "advanced education". Grown men with decent IQ's do not need other men to tell them something that is well-established. (such as less mercury is better than more if you have the choice). I'm sure you could find varying OPINIONS about a wide variety of topics among doctors that all of their "advanced education". And I'm sure you'd attack any doctor who did not espouse YOUR opinion.

The merits of my statements stand on their own and FYI, it was my own pulmonologist that told me this; he orders the single doses for old people and children on his own based on his "advanced education", and also for people who request it or otherwise have concerns.

When is the last time YOU Ace did some research about some topic (optics for an AR15 or something you like), and you took into account other people's opinions (some with "advanced educations" and some novice) and used your own power of reason & intellect to make a decision for yourself based on what you learned? Why is that such a bad thing...would you rather be TOLD what to think and what to do, especially when it comes to YOUR body? I bet you money you are "pro-choice" when it comes to abortion though :)

Shooter, you've convinced me. Don't ask your doctor, what does he know about microbiology, biochemistry, anatomy and physiology? Just fire up Google. Or, better yet, take the advice of a Playboy Bunny! Yeah, that's the ticket.

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Shooter, you've convinced me. Don't ask your doctor, what does he know about microbiology, biochemistry, anatomy and physiology? Just fire up Google. Or, better yet, take the advice of a Playboy Bunny! Yeah, that's the ticket.

You didn't read my post...I asked my doctor, he just didn't give the answer YOU were looking for. He told me about the single dose vials and that it doesn't contain thimerosal. I'm sure you will engage in a double standard and try to lookup something to prove him wrong...Goodnight.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Got my free flu shot today at Walgreens.

Any of you getting care from the VA can go to Walgreens with your VA Id card and get the free shot.

Just a public service announcement.

Latest posts

Top Bottom