Foggy Bottoms/Oklahoma Tourism

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
Now I know how he paid for the "20 acre ranch" he bought last year down the street from me. Don't remember the selling price but I think it was around 2 million then he had a big addition added on, then there is the concrete driveway about 7-800 feet long built like a highway landscaped both sides of drive with lights etc. With the price of concrete it must have been close to 1/2 million. Biggest thing that gets me is he had a pad poured on the right of way on 150th for his trash cans that are out 24/7. He did put up a nice flag pole.
This is just one more example of why government run/controlled projects are never a good idea! The less government interference we have the better off everyone is, except crooked politicians! President Lincoln once said of his OWN CABINET, " They will steal anything but a red hot stove!" so I guess politicians havn't change much, if any?

GunSlingingPlatypus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Now I know how he paid for the "20 acre ranch" he bought last year down the street from me. Don't remember the selling price but I think it was around 2 million then he had a big addition added on, then there is the concrete driveway about 7-800 feet long built like a highway landscaped both sides of drive with lights etc. With the price of concrete it must have been close to 1/2 million. Biggest thing that gets me is he had a pad poured on the right of way on 150th for his trash cans that are out 24/7. He did put up a nice flag pole.
Is this the one off Highway 3 out by Piedmont?

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It sounded kinda dirty, and it got political. Chad Alexander discussed it several times on his KTOK afternoon show.

I don’t really know that they did anything improper, but on its face, it looks kinda ugly.

We’ll see.

Saying that to say this, I have no doubt the State will F’up the closing and reopening, if they reopen, and I would bet that it winds up worse for the tax payers & customers of the State Park restaurants. Cause’… that’s how governments conduct they bizness. Almost everything any government tries to fix winds up worse.

Uncle TK

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Several of the lodges are shut down for remodeled the lodge part
All of the lodge's Kitchens had to be remodeled and new kitchen equipment installed for the new restaurants
Swadleys had to purchases all equipment and over see it being installing. (The state owns the Equipment)
They added 15% to the invoices (Cost Plus normal contracting practice)
The lodges and restaurants lose money every year
The State agreed to reimburse Swadleys for 2.1 million for losses until the lodges could get an enough weekly guest so that a restaurant could make profit

Cold Smoke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
DONT USE COPPER USE BRASS

Anyone can call themselves Christian. Very few actually follow Jesus and do what he said to do.

Edited to add: The ones that most loudly call themselves Christian are probably the least Christian in their actions.
And that my friends is taking the Lords Name in vain. God ain’t even His name, it’s His title.

Latest posts

Top Bottom