Foggy Bottoms/Oklahoma Tourism

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GunSlingingPlatypus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We ate at the restaurant at Roman Nose twice and it was great. Good service and food. People from the nearby towns would drive over just to eat there. Hard to fill lodge rooms without a food choice nearby.

Andrew
A friend of mine and I ate the the Roman Nose location two Saturdays ago and enjoyed it. Last year my boys and I ate there as well while camping and the manager comped our meal for us and service was great.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That’s an opinion article, written by a progressive hack that hates all things conservative & republican.

This is still going to be messy.

I’ll say this, I wouldn’t want the concessions at the state parks either, because it would take a miracle for them to be profitable in any short run scenario. The state park system needs to be rebuilt because of generations of mismanagement. That is going to be costly, and painful. I’m afraid politics will never allow the parks to reach their full potential because one side will never let the other side pay for the growing pains without crying foul.

As messy as it looks, had it been allowed to run its course it might have worked. Sadly, I think our state parks will always be a disappointment.

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I want to see what Lt Gov Matt Pinnell knew(if any) about this agreement. I always liked him. He is Secretary of Tourism.

I will wait till investigation is finished to comment.

Last edited:

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
There have been a good number of comments here, but do any of us actually know the particulars of what they are being charged with? You know, we really like to complain about gov actions, but now we’re taking the gov side without really knowing any details
I agree! We the people spend way too much time being led around by the nose, by the government and their lap dog news media! Apparently I am as guilty as anyone, and that is shame! I guess just letting them think for us, is easier than looking for facts? I fear that will be the down fall of our GREAT NATION!

Cold Smoke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’m curious about the panoply of information that is not being produced. When I sit and analyze what I do know, it just raises questions about what I don’t know. The sum of money seems shocking on its face but really isn’t that much in the total scope of the project. I haven’t read the contracts, but have worked in QC and reporting for COE projects and there’s a metric crap ton of information not being reported by either side. This speculation could run volumes, but Rumsfelds Unknown Unknowns seem to dominate the Venn diagram at this point and pending litigation will likely keep it that way.

When we were at Robbers Cave they had a slab and piles of materials for the nascent facility. It looked like it was going to be pretty spiffy. Outside the park it would have been a cake walk. Inside the park it was probably the equivalent of landing on the moon. Throw in the Covid stupidity and it’s probably like carving Mt Rushmore with a toothbrush.

Kind wish I’d gone to law school then I would know off the top of my head what that term is that means ‘no clean hands’.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’m curious about the panoply of information that is not being produced. When I sit and analyze what I do know, it just raises questions about what I don’t know. The sum of money seems shocking on its face but really isn’t that much in the total scope of the project. I haven’t read the contracts, but have worked in QC and reporting for COE projects and there’s a metric crap ton of information not being reported by either side. This speculation could run volumes, but Rumsfelds Unknown Unknowns seem to dominate the Venn diagram at this point and pending litigation will likely keep it that way.

When we were at Robbers Cave they had a slab and piles of materials for the nascent facility. It looked like it was going to be pretty spiffy. Outside the park it would have been a cake walk. Inside the park it was probably the equivalent of landing on the moon. Throw in the Covid stupidity and it’s probably like carving Mt Rushmore with a toothbrush.

Kind wish I’d gone to law school then I would know off the top of my head what that term is that means ‘no clean hands’.

The only way the state parks will ever get fixed is with bi-partisan political support with the upfront agreement that it is going to be costly, painful and an ongoing commitment to having great state parks. Both parties will need to be upfront with the public and the voters, and there will need to be mutual agreement that everything must be handled in the most transparent way possible, and there will be no cronyism. Each party's leaders will have to agree to put down opposition within their own party to the expenditure of reasonable expenses and investment into the buildings, grounds and infrastructure needed to make these parks something we could all be proud of and would be willing to use often, because they are excellent and well run.

In other words, when pigs fly. We got two chances of that ever happening; fat and no. Partisan politics is horrible for everyone except those that use it to get elected, and it pisses me off. Nothing gets done that benefits the majority of the tax paying public. Special interest groups get stroked, and bureaucrats keep f'in up everything for everyone else. Rotten sonsabitches.

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We go often to the one on S. Western in OKC . Good value for the cost and convenience, but there are other BBQ places we like better.
Used to, but the .99 cent kids meals went to half price on Mondays, and you had to remind them every single time and then they always forgot the drinks. Last time I went, my wife wanted the smoked chicken salad to go, and wanted to add cucumbers if I remember correct. Wouldnt do it, because they have to pay the guys in back to out the cucumbers on it, so they wouldnt change anything on it. I asked if I could throw some from the salad bar on there. Sure, but we'll charge you for the salad bar and the smoked chicken salad. I was like, do the guys back there get paid by the salad or the hour, cuz I am sure your labor costs are the same whether they put cucumbers on it or not. If anything, you're getting more value because they are doing more work for the same amount of money. She didnt get it. The salad I wanted to get was more than the salad bar, and she was ok with me just getting the cheaper salad bar and making it how my wife wanted. So I just got the salad bar, which I hate to do on a to go. Anyways, loaded the **** out of it, and left, double fisting some ice cream cones for good measure. Trying to discuss the logic of things with the manager was surreal. Pretty sure she voted for Brandon.

Latest posts

Top Bottom