For those of you with cox...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Commander Keen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A tree knocked the power line loose on the next block but didn't take down the cable/phone lines.

If you lost power, I'm guessing you had a generator to keep things up?

And if the power was out around you it was rather lucky that it didn't take out the power that feeds the cable lines to you (or maybe Cox's generators finally work).

Spata

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you lost power, I'm guessing you had a generator to keep things up?

And if the power was out around you it was rather lucky that it didn't take out the power that feeds the cable lines to you (or maybe Cox's generators finally work).

I have one of those fancy lp/gas generators. It's pretty awesome when it works and isn't trying to burn my house down.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Cox's internet service has been great, the cable has been so-so. Actually dropping the cable all together shortly now that my mother in law is no longer with us.

But if I remember correctly generally where Cox has a power booster that has a feed from the power company there is a battery pack and a ng/lp generator to keep things on. Had something to do with them providing phone service and a power outage. You will see a light green box mounted on a pole or on the ground that has the batteries in it and a generator on the ground near that.

Esoog

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Switched to Cox from Direct TV about 15 years ago and love it. Hated losing signal every time a water droplet fell from the sky. Built a new house 4 years ago and all our lines are underground now, but at the old house, the last big ice storm we had in okc, we lost power for 5 days. Hooked up the generator, had internet and cable the entire time. Not a big fan of the latest price increase but when I looked through my records, it had been 5 years since the last price increase for my internet. During that time my speed has been bumped up 3 times, so I really can't complain much.

Will have to say only problems I have really ever had were due to HD's failing in the DVR's. Just had to take the box to the cox store and got it swapped out.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Lost useable signal yesterday afternoon between Owasso/Collinsville, but it was back in time for evening programming. The entire area where the cable runs from the junction box to the house was underwater! :shocked:

Boehlertaught

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My service with Cox "blinked" yesterday one time. It seldom has issues when storms are in the area. But when we had dish, every time it rained the service went away.

Latest posts

Top Bottom