Friendly OKlahoma Motorcyclists

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J.C. Kerns

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I got to spend some time on the highway today, first time in a long time on a motorcycle.
What I noticed was that almost every bike I encountered, the rider(s) gave a friendly wave.
Big question..... ? Is there a "code" in styles of wave that 'cyclists use among themselves ? Some wave in a low hand, some with a high hand. Some open fingers and some with bent....

Any meaning to it all, or just a deal of individuals having their own personal style ?

School an old fart, please.

JC

Oh, Yeah..... I ride a '85 Honda V65 Magna

Last edited:

Mechanicalmehem

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
as far as i'm aware, it is just wave, usually indicative of your personality, but of little to meaning otherwise. I usually do a "peace" V(victory) low wave.
--Mech

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's like this everywhere as far as I know. I haven't ridden outside of OK in years so I assume it's still the same.

Just your preference on how you do it. Acknowledging another fellow biker is all...

mhphoto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't ride, but I love driving around on Sundays when everyone is on their bikes and watching the guys on sport bikes and Harleys not waving at each other.

spamby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wave at all motorcycle enthusiasts except vispa's and bergman's. Pick your method of waving thats comfortable for you and enjoy the open road. Oh I have a '01 Ultra Classic Electra Glide.

jalapeno

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
i do the low peace sign and i wave at anybody on 2 wheels, figure if they are brave enough to get out there with all the crazy cagers then I will wave. (09 streetglide)

willystruck

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If they're ridin 2 or 3 wheels I wave. Most wave back except some of the crotch rocket types and a few of the HD riders. I think they're jealous because I can fit a 205 70 15 car tire under my VTX. It rides smoother and holds the road better than any motorcycle tire I've ever had!!!! Costs a lot less and lasts a lot longer too.:woohoo1:

Latest posts

Top Bottom