GD cows!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deerwhacker444

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Whayagunnado?

One Word,......SLINGSHOT....!

[Broken External Image]

Figured this out last year as I was trying to hunt a grove of persimmons.

Damned 4-legged vacuum cleaners sucked up everything that hit the ground.

Get you one of these and a sack of marbles, it's quiet and powerful, just don't hit em in the head.

After you whack a few times with this, they clear out of the area.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If your not the landowner, see if the landowner won't have a problem with putting an electric fence around the hunting area. Hang caution tape or something on it so they can see it before hitting it. The deer will just jump over and do what deer do.
Solar cell, battery, posts and fence wire is not that expensive for a 1/2 acre area.

halfrack

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Had to go fix fence today to keep cows coming over from the neighbors place and smashing my corn.

Lost all our food plots on that place a few years back due to the same neighbors cattle going through the fence. It gets old.

jmiller45

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Had to go fix fence today to keep cows coming over from the neighbors place and smashing my corn.

Lost all our food plots on that place a few years back due to the same neighbors cattle going through the fence. It gets old.

I had a friend that the same thing happened to. Tore up his feeders, destroyed his food plots, and ate all of his corn. He went to the neighbor nicely and was reimbursed for most of it.

twocan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I could tell you an old indian trick but im not indian, so ill tell you a white boy trick. Honk and yell at the gate a few times then sneak off to your stand when they come running.

tjones96761

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Molasses. 1 liter bottle. pour on the grass anywhere up wind of where they are and they'll be distracted for hours. I use the same tactic with bigger quantity to clear shooting lanes in the native grass in front of ground blinds. Much easier than hooking up the mower and driving the tractor 5 miles through the pasture.

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The guy who owns my lease has been saying for years he was going to sell all his farging cows, and he actually did it this year! I nearly had to be given CPR.

Additionally, he sold the grass for hay and it's mowed like a park in most of the best hunting areas. This makes it really easy to trail wounded and find where they are laying. I don't miss the cows because they have cost me a number of shots.

And, your shoes are safe almost everywhere. One week after the last cows left, I stepped in the last still icky cow pie. CB

Latest posts

Top Bottom