Getting healthy

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If y'all really want to get fit, you need to subscribe to the Coach Chuck method of 'gettin' in shape'.

Belly-back, belly-back!

Last edited by a moderator:

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Fawesome. I was at the Leon Russel 70th birthday party a few weeks ago, and I had to explain to a couple people who Teddy Jack Eddy was. And I'm a damn kid! :disappoin

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Fawesome. I was at the Leon Russel 70th birthday party a few weeks ago, and I had to explain to a couple people who Teddy Jack Eddy was. And I'm a damn kid! :disappoin

I know what you mean. It was even before my time but I have the videos on VHS that they put out 15+ years ago.

Coach Chuck is great, but Jerry Ralph "RB" Bob Beavis really cracks me up! "Remember, turn left... you can't go right with Furniture Warehouse Revolution!"

Last edited by a moderator:

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I will keep this going, went in for blood work end of May, all of the work is paying off, all numbers were better, down 20lbs as well.

This month was a slow start, lots of travel and I have already missed my quota for days that I skip working out, plus I was tracking for a low calorie burn month because of it. I decided to hop on the bicycle last night and ride the hills in my neighborhood. All I can say is WOW, in 76 minutes I burned over 1000 calories, set a new record for peak heart rate, time in the zone, and time above the zone.

So now I am going to incorporate bike riding into my regime, one thing I need to fix though is the seat, even though the bike has a gel pad after the ride last night my butt hurt so bad. So does anyone have any recommendations for a good bicycle seat?

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Started Cycling the running was beating my knees to death, been 23 years since I was on a road bike, it is a little hard on the ass, and I think it may be causing busrsitiis in the right hip.

I let myself balloon up to 205 again over the winter. I am back down to 193 which is still 13lbs over where I was last summer

penismightier

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, I'll chime in a little.

I ballooned up to about 200-205 over the last year (Usually aroud 175-180). I decided I needed a change and started working out at the beginning of May, and have been consistently going 4-5 days a week. I've been running occasionally, but not as consistent as I would like. I changed my diet, and am trying to stay away from the sugary, fatty, yummy tasting foods. I've upped my protein intake significantly, and tried to limit my carbs to a reasonable amount.

I weighed 190 yesterday, which is not a lot of weight loss, but I'm adding muscle mass faster than I'm losing the fat weight, so I am happy with my progress!

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I work out and run on alternating days and play hockey twice a week. Portions are cut down and I still cant shed the weight. I weighed around 180 before I had the cancer,... weighed 230 after (I never lost my appetite and all the crap they had me on to stimulate the appetite plus steroids caused me to gain), and have since risen to about 250 post marriage kids etc over the last 6 years.

My problem is probably beer. Aerobically, I am in shape. And I guess, physically I am too,... just a round lumpy shape. :( Need to get on top of it, though.

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I work out and run on alternating days and play hockey twice a week. Portions are cut down and I still cant shed the weight. I weighed around 180 before I had the cancer,... weighed 230 after (I never lost my appetite and all the crap they had me on to stimulate the appetite plus steroids caused me to gain), and have since risen to about 250 post marriage kids etc over the last 6 years.

My problem is probably beer. Aerobically, I am in shape. And I guess, physically I am too,... just a round lumpy shape. :( Need to get on top of it, though.

Gonna need to drop a few lbs to look good in that new 5.11 tactical duty kilt ;)

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Weight wise I hit a wall about a month ago. I was working out like crazy and was stuck at specific weight. One of the Dr's my wife works for convinced me to try some products from Living Fuels. I was skeptical at first, within a week I had dropped 5 lbs. Now it is part of my routine, smoothies and strawberry powder for breakfast, and sometimes for dinner. I've started to incorporate the green stuff as well but it is a bit funky. I also start the morning with at least 16oz of cold water, I always thought it was the coffee that jump started my system in the morning, the water for me is much the same, I drink much less coffee than I did before.

Latest posts

Top Bottom