Gingrich: Love of Country contributed to Affair

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VIKING

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sad perhaps. Too bad you want more of the same failed policies that got us where we are today. :(
Been around for a lot of Presidents in my life and I got to say our country is in the worse shape I can remember..BUT..there is still no other country in the world where I would rather live. Not to say it's not going down hill and down hill fast..a lot of it is probably the Presidents fault, but a lot of the problem is probably the overall morals of the people. Just my opinion.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Been around for a lot of Presidents in my life and I got to say our country is in the worse shape I can remember..BUT..there is still no other country in the world where I would rather live. Not to say it's not going down hill and down hill fast..a lot of it is probably the Presidents fault, but a lot of the problem is probably the overall morals of the people. Just my opinion.

And I agree with 100% of that. :clap3:

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
It is more the people's fault than any President. Sure Presidents can have bad policies. democrats and Republicans are both to blame. Politics has gotten to be nothing more than a nasty mud slinging contest and the guy with the most money and best ads usually wins. Attack ads by special interest groups just fuel the fire.

We cannot blame anyone but ourselves. We have allowed this to happen and we have proven, over and over, that we are too stupid and lazy to actually demand better.

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It is more the people's fault than any President. Sure Presidents can have bad policies. democrats and Republicans are both to blame. Politics has gotten to be nothing more than a nasty mud slinging contest and the guy with the most money and best ads usually wins. Attack ads by special interest groups just fuel the fire.

We cannot blame anyone but ourselves. We have allowed this to happen and we have proven, over and over, that we are too stupid and lazy to actually demand better.

Maybe? Maybe not?

Your typical homo sapiens being a social animal is imminently pliable since social groups by their very nature have few chiefs and lots and lots of followers. For social groups to succeed and be an ongoing proposition it is necessary for the followers to follow lest there be chaos.

It is a fact that in this country the tax and entitlements systems are forms of directed social engineering; social engineering that over the years has redefined our culture from one where individual accomplishment based on competency and success are admired to a culture of gimmee gimmee. Considering basic human nature that is a perfectly natural process when those that lead lead only at the whims of those that follow.

The moral fiber of this country has been destroyed by basic human nature - a nature pandered to by those in power who want to keep it (which is just what those with power do).

I submit that it is not the fault of the sheep (who are after all - just doing what sheep do) but the fault of those that lead the sheep that has brought the USA to the point where it is today.

So - I would disagree JB that we've done it to ourselves. Our basic natures - bred into homo sapiens over millions of years is mostly responsible because those who can manipulate and direct it (leader types) do - while those that can't, follow (as they must by their very natures) and even enjoy the fruits of the manipulation (which in our system is what keeps the leaders, leaders).

It's a snow ball effect and the end of the USA as we know it is inevitable.

Hell, man - I'm even starting to believe you're right about the obmanation. He may very well win a 2nd term.

Last edited:

MaddSkillz

Sharpshooter
Reaction score

I agree with this to an extent since we only really know what we're told by the bought and paid for media. It's hard to fight something you don't know poses a problem or if you're not aware the problem exists. Yes people are partially to blame but the corruption that goes on behind the scenes can be very difficult to expose.

Latest posts

Top Bottom