Glock 19 G3 or G4?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toehanus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for all the responses. I have been leaning towards the G4 because it fits my hand better. I had read something about ejector problems, but wanted to hear from people who have experience with the gun. I have only shot one glock about 16 years ago. It was the 17 and it didn't really fit my hand well at all. Ever since then I haven't even considered a glock. Saturday, I was helping a young lady pick out her first handgun and in the process I handled the G3 and G4 model 19's. Felt much better than the 17 I shot years ago.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Even though its not a G-19, I have a gen-4 G-23, and compared to a gen-3 in either the G-19, or G-23, I prefer the gen-4 version. The gun just fits me better, and even before smoothing out the trigger, the one it came with was really good.

Euclid

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have both and kept the Gen 4.

The grip was much better in size and texture and with a 3.5# connector the trigger between the two was a wash. My Gen 4 has never malfunctioned and ejects brass forward and away from me. I love it.

Sooner_Nation

New to the site!
Reaction score
In 1989 I purchased a used Gen 2 19 for $400. I just sold her last week 26 years later for the same $400. I went out a few days ago and purchased the Gen 4 19 and It came with 3 mags. From what I read, early Gen 4's had a pretty crappy trigger, but Glock has recently cleaned that up with a Dot Connector. I carry a Glock 23 Gen 3 .40 at work, and after firing the new Gen 4 19, The 19's trigger release feels more crisp, But I couldn't tell if it was heavier. Take up and reset seemed shorter to me.

Was thinking about doing a 25 cent trigger job, but I dunno.

toehanus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Another question...and please forgive my lack of knowledge. I have never given a glock much thought until recently, but I have heard about how dangerous they are, they blow up because they are plastic etc. How much of this talk is hype and how much is real? Also, how would the 19 compare to the H & K vp 9 or the p30. I know the p30 is an external hammer.

Cavedweller

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Another question...and please forgive my lack of knowledge. I have never given a glock much thought until recently, but I have heard about how dangerous they are, they blow up because they are plastic etc. How much of this talk is hype and how much is real? Also, how would the 19 compare to the H & K vp 9 or the p30. I know the p30 is an external hammer.

The VP9 and P30 are also "plastic". Don't listen to the hype, Glocks are legit, ugly, but legit.

Latest posts

Top Bottom