Glock Sub Compacts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davek

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for all the info guys. We got her 'technique' down on slide racking today, and she can do it fine now. She likes the G26, and is coming around on an SW Airweight revolver. I like the idea of a revolver, because I want to be 100% sure whatever she gets goes bang, and it'd be less stressful, but she really likes the feel of the G26. We went to Sooner Guns(nice guy there) and Sports World earlier today. Need to find a place other than Tulsa Firearms that maybe rents a model out to shoot. TF is kinda pricey on everything and they apparently have a poor rep. Want her to shoot whatever we plan to get her so I know she's comfortable with it.

Medlock's in Collinsville rents out guns for use on their range. You don't have to buy their ammo. You don't have to buy a membership. If I remember correctly, if you buy a copy of one of the guns you rent they'll refund the rental charge. It's also woman friendly with respect to shopping.

tharper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Medlock's in Collinsville rents out guns for use on their range. You don't have to buy their ammo. You don't have to buy a membership. If I remember correctly, if you buy a copy of one of the guns you rent they'll refund the rental charge. It's also woman friendly with respect to shopping.

Thanks for the heads up! We will definitely check it out.

Read this:

http://corneredcat.com/RunGun/rack.aspx

Your wife can rack the slide. Just learn the technique.

About the same info I got from a friend. I guess I gave up too easily when I tried to show her how to do it myself. As soon as we got down to brass tacks with it, she can rack the slide on my XD just fine. The G26 is even easier for her. I really like it as well. Very light, and 9mm is so easy to find and cheap to shoot.

tharper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's still very much on the possibilities list. She's warming up to them and liked how light the SW airweights we handled were. She still needs to take a CCW class and all before she could even start the application process, so we'd have plenty of time to put some rounds down the tube of whatever we end up getting her to be sure it's reliable and broken in.

tharper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Went and spent some time at Medlock's this afternoon, and rented a G26. She's a pretty damn good shot for her first time, and she was very comfortable with it, so we'll probably go that route. I even got her to shoot my compact .45, and she did pretty well with it as well. Big thumbs up for Medlocks, very friendly folks there.

zoomaster1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

+1 on Medlocks. They are some pretty nice folks. Good selection of weapons also.

Latest posts

Top Bottom