Glock vs. Walther

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cody6766

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The PPQ is pretty damned simple too. It's basically a more comfortable Glock from what I saw. The guts may be a little different, but the day-to-day breakdown is the same for a few of the Walthers.

I took my G23 out to the range the other day and fell out of love with Glocks. I noticed that I was pointing high every time I lined it up. The grip angle never seemed to bother me, but now I favor the straighter grip of a non-Glock gun. I was able to handle a friend's PPQ the other day and it feels like a dream. I wasn't able to shoot it, so no notes there, but the ergonomics of the gun are simply outstanding. I went to the store looking for carry 9's that would also make a good range gun and fell in love with the PPS. I will be in the market for one shortly, especially if I can work in a G23 trade into the deal. I don't hate Glock now, I'm just wanting to switch to something more slim and comfortable.

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Are you saying that the Walthers are unreliable? Or less reliable than Glocks?

If so, I'd be really interested in reading up in any info you've got.

No I'm not, I like the older Walthers. You asked for personal opinions. I have more experience with Glock.

Last edited:

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I absolutely loved my SW99... wish like hell I'd never had to get rid of it. I needa get me another one, or better yet, the pure Walther version.

Quail Fat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The P99as has an excellent trigger, great ergos, is accurate and reliable. It's the toughest polymer pistol made, they are engineered around the .40SW and the 9mm versions will last forever. Tetragon in Canada put 250,000 rounds of +P ammo through a P99 and nothing broke. In Israel an Armorer was discussing and showed pictures of all kinds of Glocks that they wore out. He said the Walther P99 was the only gun they couldn't wear out.

Latest posts

Top Bottom