Gold and SILVER

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What do you believe is a better Investment?

• Total voters

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Someone mentions gold or silver as a good short of the dollar and all of a sudden it's the end of the world:rotflmao: Take your tin-foil hats off....

Actually, that's not what the OP said. Right out of the gate:

Im just curious here how many people have been seriously looking into preparing for a financial collapse of our monetary system?

My preparation for a monetary system collapse has been mentioned in this post. PMs are not high on my priority list for survival - and yes, a dollar collapse will be a SHTF moment in American history.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
a dollar collapse will be a SHTF moment in American history.

Nonsense...... everything will be completely calm. You will be able to sell your gold ingots on the street. :D

smokeyokc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As a long time investor I try to refrain from making purchases of any investment at all time highs. I have heard it before Platinum is poised to move, Palladium is poised to move, Silver is poised to move, Gold is going to continue its meteoric rise. Now I have been buying small amounts of gold and silver since the mid 80's. I quit buying it in 2002. No I am not saying I had great foresight. 2002 at the time was one of the worst pull offs in the market since 1974 just didn’t' have the dough. I would rather be lucky rather than good any day.

My point is this and I say this sincerely. The best commodity investment for anticipation of a monetary collapse are seeds, storable food, bullets, and whiskey.

Comte DeLoach

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It is far too late to start buying gold or silver. If you got it, sell it or hold it, but if you dont got it you need to wait until they both go back down. To buy now only means your going to lose your money.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My point is this and I say this sincerely. The best commodity investment for anticipation of a monetary collapse are seeds, storable food, bullets, and whiskey.

I disagree. Who knows if you'll be able to stay with your stored goods? Who knows if someone won't kill you, and eat you while sipping your whiskey? Sounds like we have some people here with morals. They will be, as ignernt so elegantly put it...eated.

What you have between your ears will serve you better than what you have in your basement. That, and having no hesitation in making human fajitas from whoever is nearby at the first sign of turmoil.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I disagree. Who knows if you'll be able to stay with your stored goods? Who knows if someone won't kill you, and eat you while sipping your whiskey?

If they can get past the hail of bullets, they're welcome to my food stash. Otherwise, they get to be put on a plate with my stored beans and rice.

Yep. They get eated.

smokeyokc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I disagree. Who knows if you'll be able to stay with your stored goods? Who knows if someone won't kill you, and eat you while sipping your whiskey? Sounds like we have some people here with morals. They will be, as ignernt so elegantly put it...eated.

What you have between your ears will serve you better than what you have in your basement. That, and having no hesitation in making human fajitas from whoever is nearby at the first sign of turmoil.

You and ignernt watch to many movies. However if you think I will be taken easily you are sadly mistaken. I will gladly add you fellas and any others to my meat supply

Latest posts

Top Bottom