Gonna be scarce for a while...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What Dennis said. My flange is PVC too, on a wood floor. I can’t remember how many of the layers I used. But It did seal good about 5 years ago, still sealed.

My first house had a leak around the seal with a wood floor. The wood was rotten. Had to replace the entire floor and go underneath in the crawl space to get good wood and a good anchor to seal. That house had so many engineering problems, I was glad to get rid of it.
The sewer didn't have the right fall to carry all the solids. It was too steep. The drain from the kitchen to the main sewer was orangeburg plastic pipe that collapsed and delaminated requiring a complete replacement. The sewer it connected to was 14' deep so it wasn't a shovel job. The main from the bathroom/toilet was clay tile that had roots getting into it all the time. Even treatments of copper sulfide didn't stop the root invasion, and so on.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think 'derping' should be an official verb in the Oxford. Jus' sayin'. @NightShade absolutely nailed it with that one. I'm a 'derper' if there ever was one. Thanks, man.

Hurry back, man, and good luck. I know it's a tough spot to be in, taking care of someone... you have my prayers. Good luck.

Hang in there.

Maybe a diagnosis or ICD Code, or something..."Patient derped, …resulted in injury to …"

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hey y'all,

I may not be posting much for a while, but (for those of you who care) don't worry, I'm ok.

Sweetie's Alzheimer's is steadily getting worse, and there's a bunch of stuff I need to get caught up on. I got waaay behind with the flu and resulting weakness that has lasted close to 2 months. Not sure I'm 100% yet, but am much better.

Also, the weather is warming up, and I need to do some stuff outside before the yard becomes a jungle again.

Fixin' to tackle a toilet job now - wax ring, new ballcock assembly (lol a real brass one - I hate those plastic thingies), etc. etc. Ordered a bunch of stuff online, so here's hoping I have everything on hand.

Anywho... I'll see ya when I see ya. Y'all have a great day.
I can bring my nephew's boy (College football player and a tackle) to do it. He's a great kid and with me helping, we'll have it done in no time. You have more important things to do. I'm busy on Wednesday and Friday.
Let me know if I can help.

Mac :drunk2:

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
steelfingers said:
I can bring my nephew's boy (College football player and a tackle) to do it. He's a great kid and with me helping, we'll have it done in no time. You have more important things to do. I'm busy on Wednesday and Friday.
Let me know if I can help.
Thanks Al, I really appreciate the offer. :thumb:

But it's okay. I'm not very speedy, but I can (lol, usually) get the job done... eventually. :D

Am still on AC detail at the moment. I got the newer one that died out of the window. Amazingly, the older one (that I was going to replace this spring anyway) actually still cools a wee bit.

And... I finally burrowed into the back room far enough to retrieve the two new AC units. They're now sitting in the living room floor, so it shouldn't take long to get at least one in the window.

The Hospice girls are coming today, so it may not get installed before tomorrow, but it's ok. I ran the older one and the bedroom AC all night to get the house cooled off before today's heat arrived.

Lol, I woke up bleary-eyed around 7:00am and wondered why it was so cold... :D

Thanks again. :drunk2:

Latest posts

Top Bottom