Goodbye Honda mowers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thast is exactly what I was told. They'll still make them, but not for sale in 'Merica.

Battery powered mowers for smaller yards are much better anymore for the average owner. No carburetor, air filter, spark plug, and gas. Just recharge the battery and good to go.

I can see how there is less demand for gas mowers.

Un huh. We live on like .17-.18 acre lots. Tiny little things. My neighbor across the street has to stop in the middle for a couple hours to recharge his mower batteries.

Ain’t no way I want to stop in the middle while all dirty and sweaty and wait a couple hours.

commandcomm

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Un huh. We live on like .17-.18 acre lots. Tiny little things. My neighbor across the street has to stop in the middle for a couple hours to recharge his mower batteries.

Ain’t no way I want to stop in the middle while all dirty and sweaty and wait a couple hours.
They are not using a big enough battery then. Probably a smaller mower with a smaller battery.

I have a corner lot in a standard OKC suburban lot and I can mow my whole yard on one charge.

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They are not using a big enough battery then. Probably a smaller mower with a smaller battery.

I have a corner lot in a standard OKC suburban lot and I can mow my whole yard on one charge.

Idk. I think it’s the Kobalt one from Lowe’s. Sure, he could/should probably buy another battery, but he’s semi-retired.

All I know is I like my gas stuff for our yard. And no way is battery power ready yet for commercial equipment. Although they’re trying. Makita killed off all their gas powered equipment about 1.5 years back.

Last edited:

GC7

Not Actually a Grackle
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There's still going to be enough aftermarket parts where you can just cobble together a new Honda mower piece by piece. Plus the Chinese have already built clones of the GCV engines with parts that are more durable (non-plastic timing gears) so yeah things don't ever really "go away".

commandcomm

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Idk. I think it’s the Kobalt one from Lowe’s. Sure, he could/should probably buy another battery, but he’s semi-retired.

All I know is like my gas stuff for our yard. And no way is battery power ready yet for commercial equipment.
I completely agree on commercial. There is no where near the battery technology for all day use on riding mowers. They need gas powered.

Even on larger lots, gas is needed.

Battery powered are the best right now for smaller lots.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Too bad somebody couldn't infiltrate the CDC and post a news release that lithium
Batteries cause all kinds of strange diseases.

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Too bad somebody couldn't infiltrate the CDC and post a news release that lithium
Batteries cause all kinds of strange diseases.

Shhhhhhhhh cant be talking facts.

Not to mention all of the toxic waste generated, in mostly 3rd world or developing countries that in no way would be allowed here in the good ole usa.

Within the next few years 85-90% of all lawn equipment will be battery powered.

I am actually impressed with some of the tech I have seen.

But we should have free choice, gas or electric, not be mandated by a leftist government and its puppets.

Latest posts

Top Bottom