Gun legislation question pertaining to CA

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tb556

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You're quite welcome. I got the answer from several different sites, so I hope it's correct.

I also sent an email to a friend in Cali who knows more about this stuff, and hopefully he can confirm what I found.

JWE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The mag on your SMLE has to be welded to the reciever, so it will not be detachable. 98% of the re-enactors use prop rifles, and pistols. I left CA ASAP as soon as I got out of the Marines and don't plan to EVER go back. That damn state can fall in the ocean.....

JWE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It might, but ultimately I have to go where the work is. If I can get a good job here, great, but if I'm offered a job with a software dev company out there, better believe i'll take it.

Till then I'll be here in Okieland :)

Also, my right to own a gun and my SMLE are less important to me than my family. If I have to sacrifice them for my family I will. However this is all a little premature, California has not banned guns full stop, just added restrictions. Restrictions that may effect owning the AR-15s that so many gun owners here fawn over, or restriciting the right to carry concealed firearms (which I always thought was odd anyway) etc.

I've had people tell me on here that I should look after no.1, that why should they pay for me and so forth. Well why should I worry about whether automatic firearms or even semi-autos are restricted or banned. As seems to be the attitude here, thats not my problem.

Anyways, not trying to get involved in that argument again, I just dislike another thread where it turns to "its people like you who are to blame". Might want to examine your own attitudes before I am (and people like me are) blamed for the negative view society has of gun culture.

Christ....

Well put G2G.

Wish I would've flipped to the second page before I answered. Hurry up, get to CA, and good riddance.

Roadking Larry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Secret bunker in an undisclosed location.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Latest posts

Top Bottom