H & H RANT

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ramco

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had to show a Damn ID at Circle K a few months ago to buy a LOTTERY TICKET. WTF Also , Im 71 years old and everytime I buy shotshells at Wally World, I have to show, or give my birthdate! What's up with that? I go to a gun store or places that sells guns and they don't ask!
They do of you’re gonna buy a gun.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Also , Im 71 years old and everytime I buy shotshells at Wally World, I have to show, or give my birthdate! What's up with that?
Walmart requires a cashier to verify that you're over 18 or 21 for certain products, regardless of how old you are. The register forces them to answer the question before it will go on to the next item. I don't know about the cashier-tended checkout lanes, but at the self-checkout, it stops and waits for the checkout corral wrangler to scan her badge, then it just asks if your birthdate is before today's date 18 or 21 years ago. They usually don't even bother asking me, and just answer affirmatively. Just the other night, I self-checked some JB Weld, and she scanned and answered before I even noticed that it was waiting.

I really don't want to know what you GenZ punks are doing with JB Weld that's got the Walmarts age-checking it...

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
I did look it up. You’re correct. I try to learn something new everyday. I’ve been doing it for 45 + years though, never had an issue.

Like has been discussed, right now a lost card is the last thing anyone should worry about. It’s the theft of the info on the card that concerns me.
With just the card info. anyone can order anything on line, or on the phone, can't they?

KOPBET

Duck of Death
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If someone had YOUR CARD they would have all those things, and would have enough info to google the rest right?

:rotflmao:

You're just danged determined to have the last word I'd say, just to prove you're right. Whatever, I DGAF.

But to answer your question,

IF they had my card (low on the order of possibilities) they would have the CC number and the CVV2 number that's it. Billing address and ZIP would be a challenge even with Google showing only 25 similar names. If someone HAD your card and you didn't know about it (or lost it) in order cancel the card you would be quite the inattentive moron. Besides, the liability would not be on me (unless I completely failed to report) regardless. So, as they say, no big deal...right?

Latest posts

Top Bottom