Heartland Flyer to Ft Worth?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ahlosojoe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wife and I have made the trip to Ft. Worth a couple of times on our anniversary. We catch the train at Pauls Valley. Stay in Embasy Suites in downtown Ft. Worth for two or three nights. Eat at Ruth's Chris and Texas d Brazil...pretty romantical.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I went there years ago. They had a number of Colt Pythons and 1911s. I guess they were popular with the older Rangers.
Yeah, tupperware firearms weren't in vogue then. Tons of presentation firearms with some amazing engraving on them, as well as some firearms from famous criminals. It's been awhile, but I think there is a gun or two with Bonnie and Clyde's blood still on them from the famous shootout. Lots of long guns as well with some history attached to them.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So nobody has answered his question yet. Can you tote your gat on the train? Do you hafta go thru a security check point or have a wand waved across you?

The wife and I are thinking about taking the train down to San Antonio, and I'd like to know too.

I think I would be covered under the LEOSA H.R. 218, but...better to be safe than sorry!

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So nobody has answered his question yet. Can you tote your gat on the train? Do you hafta go thru a security check point or have a wand waved across you?

The wife and I are thinking about taking the train down to San Antonio, and I'd like to know too.

I think I would be covered under the LEOSA H.R. 218, but...better to be safe than sorry!
We had an old thread on this. At that time there were no security gates to go through and if you kept it to your self, there was no issue with weapons.
I don't know how it goes now. Security issues are constantly changing with mass transportation.
Here is a link to Amtrak home page. I suspect one could find the answer to the CC carry on this website.
https://www.amtrak.com/heartland-flyer-train

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

So true!

We had an old thread on this. At that time there were no security gates to go through and if you kept it to your self, there was no issue with weapons.
I don't know how it goes now. Security issues are constantly changing with mass transportation.
Here is a link to Amtrak home page. I suspect one could find the answer to the CC carry on this website.
https://www.amtrak.com/heartland-flyer-train

I researched it before I even started the thread...it talks about how you can do the whole locked box in checked baggage thing, but the issue is that OKC and other small stations are not manned; I believe it's carry on bags only there. I was hoping someone had more current info based on recent experience to share. I'll make a phone call or two and see what I can find out from the train dudes and post my results back here.

1911master

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
My understanding is Amtrak follows the same guidelines and fines as the Airlines. So, you can not carry on the train. I don't think OKC (Heartland Flyer) has provisions for checked and locked baggage, carry on only.

Now that being said, I took a trip with wife and son many moons ago when I still had an LE commission card and guess I forgot to read their regulations, go figure.

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have taken it to ft worth several times ,but it has been 2 years since the last time. The advice to get on at Norman is spot on . I carried every time, no metal detector no signs no nothin. They stop several places along the way but not long maybe 10 min. A stop. Get on get off get gone

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Welp...so I'm not supposed to carry my holstered pistol to protect myself and my loved ones even though I'm an old broke-down Jarhead who walks with a limp and I'll be getting home fairly late at night, and in a less than ideal location, with my beloved wife as we make our way alone along the dark streets towards our fairly new vehicle that has a hand-capped hang tag in it...thanks.

Latest posts

Top Bottom