Heartland Flyer to Ft Worth?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
But, what's the best way to get around for the 5 hours we're there in Fort Worth? A car rental seems kinda pricey for only 4-5 hours use.

Download the uber or lyft app, get an account going and go where you want and when you want. You can schedule a ride to be there when you arrive.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hope you have a better time than we did last summer. All the museums at stockyards were closed for remodeling.
Train got stuck somewhere before Paul's valley on way back for 6 hours.
You might want to check out the US mint where they print the money if your staying longer than one day.
No CC, No cameras or cellphones, No backpacks at the mint.
If we go again, we'll drive so we have a place to store our gear.

Mr.357Sig

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How is the parking situation at the Norman station?
Open/Tight?
Paid/Free?

My boys and I are headed down to Fort Worth from Norman tomorrow. Should be great weather for an afternoon at the Stockyards.

Last edited:

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Okay. We took the train down and back to Ft worth. Parked in the Cox Convention Center downtown directly across from the Santa Fe Train station. $10 for the day; $20 to leave the car there overnight and drive out the next evening after we returned. Easy boarding in OKC. Buy tickets online at Amtrak.com and just show to the train guy as you board. No option to buy at the station in OKC as there is no ticket window; it’s an unmanned station. Very roomy seats. Take the upper deck option. At Ft Worth, it’s a manned station. Still, no metal detectors and nobody asked or anything. Just be cool and be safe as you go about your everyday activities. Be discreet and remember the rules ... dark, untucked, and plaid works best. We reserved and rented a car from Enterprise, located in the station in Ft Worth and then ate lunch at Chuys in Ft Worth before an easy 1 1/2 hour drive down to Waco. Take a lot of money for the Magnolia Market if that’s where you’re going in Waco. Oh yeah. It was Hot! Waco Texas is hot! Anyway, the train was an easy, relaxing ride down and back; a fun way to take a short get away for a day or two. Chuys was excellent! I had the Big As Your Face Burrito. Dang.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You went to Waco and didn't hit the Texas rangers museum?

GunSlingingPlatypus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Keep your sidearm concealed and you can take it with you on the Heartland Flyer. There are no metal detectors or x-ray machines. I've ridden to Ft. Worth and back a number of times over the years with zero issues whatsoever.

Latest posts

Top Bottom