Help me decide: Dish network or Direct TV

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Who has the better service for the money?

• Direct TV

Votes: 28 56.0%
  • Dish Network

Votes: 22 44.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
By the end of the week, you'll be surrounded by Feds trying to take your guns away, and you're worried about getting reruns of Sex In The City? Priorities man. Priorities.

Joeh

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have DirecTV and haven't been happier in years. I've always had COX before, and between their CS issues, and their ridiculous prices, when we bought our house I knew we had to try something new.

With DirecTV we have 2x HD receivers, one with DVR. Not super upgraded or anything, but I can record two shows (I think now you can do up to 5), and can stream tv shows/movies from their direct cinema place. Basically, same type of deal we had with cox, just that we also get HD in our bedroom now. With cox we were in the $80 range, with DirecTV we're in the $35 range.

Between the monthly price and the free install and equipment, I figured it was worth a shot. So far so good! I think they're doing some referral program now too where you get so much off your monthly bill if you get referred/do referring, so you may look into that too.

Dexcheque

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have dish and like it. Had a bad experience with Directv. however, there was an article in yahoo news yesterday about the founder of dish. kinda made me wonder if those are the people i want to support.

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In the process of moving from dish to direct. Been with dish nearly a decade and they only tried to offer 4 PPV credits to stay when my receiver crashed for the second time in a year. Plus, they told me I wasn't under contract so I told them I was going to shop around. Direct is gonna save me $600+ over the next 2 years so I scheduled the switch. Call dish to cancel and what do you know, they tell us we are under contract and have to pay $130 to cancel service. Tried to get them to wave it given the length of time I have been with them so we could part without hard feelings and they would have the opportunity at my business again. No dice. So screw Dish straight to hell.

Peabody

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have Dish for around 10-12 years. Customer Service is excellent IMO. Their DVRs are legendary. Their new Hopper system is amazing.

If I do ever switch, I will switch to Uverse b/c I have fiber optic lines to the house from when my new house and neighbor was built. Don't plan to anytime soon, because I'm very happy with Dish.

gsarg

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Directv - because of their superior program offerings, and the fact I haven't had to call them for anything in 8 years

Latest posts

Top Bottom