Help with finding a lake near Jenks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oufan24

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We are planning on going to the Jenks aquarium next month. We would like to take the travel trailer & stay a few days at a nearby lake. I am not too familar with that area of the State. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Surveyor1653

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Keystone

Lake Okmulgee is very nice. It is about 45 minutes southwest of Jenks.

Dripping Springs State Park down by Okmulgee

If you choose Okmulgee you can go just a few more miles down the road to Clovis Point Campground. It's quiet, flat, and if you get a site (sites 11-14) on the south loop right at the intersection of the loop road and the road down the center of the campground you have full shade all day long. You're also a very short walk to the fishing dock, playground, and facilities.

See the map here

PUMPKIN

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Keystone is probably the closest. I'm not a fan of keystone. Keystone is nasty.

If your gonna make the drive from okmulgee I suggest going the same distance north to a nice lake, lake skiatook. Probably the best lake near tulsa.

Ft Gibson would be my second choice. As far as close to tulsa goes.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

If your gonna make the drive from okmulgee I suggest going the same distance north to a nice lake, lake skiatook. Probably the best lake near tulsa.

Skiatook has you driving through Tulsa proper (including the downtown/244/75 construction) to get to Jenks. You are talking 45 minutes if there isn't any traffic delays. Okmulgee is probably a better bet, 30 minutes or so maybe?

Keystone has always been nice, facilities-wise on my visits there. But it is "nasty" in the sense that it is of course, the dammed (damned?) Arkansas. That river has so much salt and sediment that the water itself can be pretty funky and uninviting. But the (public) parks and everything outside of the water are as good as I had seen around Skiatook, Grand, Eufaula. It is the best option 30-45 minutes away for just setting up the travel trailer outside of Okmulgee.

Ft Gibson is nice too. Tenkiller is my favorite. Both are a good ways away from Jenks. Ft Gibson is a good hour. Tenkiller would be probably as far as driving in from Moore.

EFsDad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I have camped all around Tulsa lakes and would agree completely with the above (minus capitalization misses).

Latest posts

Top Bottom