Here we go - Tulsa public schools to start review of school names..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Since it's been proven that all history is a lie, I don't support renaming anything currently named for a historic figure or event, with anything but a randomly generated alphanumeric designator. So Lee Elementary would become something like "J47PS". If they have any teams, they would hereafter be named the "J47's".

Sadly I'm not kidding. Americans have forfeited the right to anything remotely resembling a namesake for their monuments. We're a sad, pathetic shell of our once former glory. :(

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Are you ignoring the 5 pages of triggered righties over the mere discussion of changing a school name?
My comment was why is it only the leftist and progressives that are offended and angered by schools named Lee, Jefferson, Lincoln, and Washington?
I don't see any Conservatives or Republicans protesting that? It seems to be a one party thing.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why are people "triggered"? Obviously it is an affront to come along and tell someone their respected historic figure deserves no respect and, in fact, deserves disrespect because they were racist.The immediate implication is that those of us who looked up to this historic figure are also racists and need to report to the reeducation center immediately....What is the qualification of the social engineers who are protesting and threatening to do away with all Confederate honors? How is it that they earn the moral standing to make such assertions?
And again, what would Lincoln think??

Mos Eisley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Stuttgart, Germany tried renaming their airport Rommel Airport. It would have been named after Manfred Rommel, their mayor of 22 years, who had died. Of course, he was the son of Gen. Erwin Rommel. Too many worried that the name would be associated with the Nazi General so they couldn't get it done.

I actually associate Rommel as one of the few positive figures in that regime. He (like Lee) is still given a lot of respect by our military to this day.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Stuttgart, Germany tried renaming their airport Rommel Airport. It would have been named after Manfred Rommel, their mayor of 22 years, who had died. Of course, he was the son of Gen. Erwin Rommel. Too many worried that the name would be associated with the Nazi General so they couldn't get it done.

I actually associate Rommel as one of the few positive figures in that regime. He (like Lee) is still given a lot of respect by our military to this day.
Great military tactician.

Riley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
While no historian, I'm pretty sure I've read over the last few days, that Lee neither supported succession nor slavery.

Seems an odd kind of attack on a community in which the perpetrator has little or no standing....besides of course, stirring the simmering pot.

Disgusting in my opinion.....

Looking at the picture posted previously, it is interesting that it took just about 100 years to totally destroy education to the point that this even seems like a good idea to some people. Heck it was probably much less, but the 1918 date on the school seemed an easy reference....

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom