Here we go - Tulsa public schools to start review of school names..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What a cruel thing war is... to fill our hearts with hatred instead of love for our neighbors. Robert E. Lee

Beware...Beware...Beware... the search engines are stacked against Lee. The progs has made sure that only anti-Lee essays come to the top when you search for his name.....It will take old fashioned effort to discern the real Robert E. Lee....Google is not your friend.

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So with your way of thinking, nothing in Oklahoma should be named after Martin L. King, either.

i'd be fine with that. And if people want to have that discussion, they should be able to. I think it's foolish for schools, cities, states, etc to be told certain things are off limits for discussion or renaming.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Let them serve eggs benedict in the free breakfast program....but only a special low calorie. low taste recipe that the kids will all scrape into the trash and then buy some twinkies from the junk food entrepreneur student.

OKNewshawk

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Funny, I thought the school was named for that great American artist and writer, Stan Lee...
stan-lee.jpg

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When I went to public school in NY City, many years ago, I attended P.S. 41 and P.S. 45 then I.S. 61 (Public Schools, elementary grades, and Intermediate School) then Sacred Heart School (Catholic Schools are named as are most other private or parochial schools). However, High Schools are named in NY. For example, I attended Stuyvesant H.S. - old peg leg Pete (Peter Stuyvesant) was our mascot. I think at some point the city started naming the Intermediate Schools as well but as a secondary title to the number designation. It seemed to work just fine for us.

Latest posts

Top Bottom