Here we go - Tulsa public schools to start review of school names..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ace_on_the_Turn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Old Covenant............try again.

You might want to check his post when he wrote, "No, you want to argue that the failings of mortal men are the same as Christianity itself when that is far from truth. The fact is the bible doesn't say its OK to own slaves. The old testament in fact says those owning or buying slaves are to be executed."

He dragged the old testament into the debate, not me. And that does not change the undeniable fact that the history of Christianity is very much intertwined with slavery.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
You might want to check his post when he wrote, "No, you want to argue that the failings of mortal men are the same as Christianity itself when that is far from truth. The fact is the bible doesn't say its OK to own slaves. The old testament in fact says those owning or buying slaves are to be executed."

He dragged the old testament into the debate, not me. And that does not change the undeniable fact that the history of Christianity is very much intertwined with slavery.

I'll go back and read it I, I didn't see that post.

Edit: And I stand corrected Ace.

sanjuro893

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Anybody see the segment on the nazi flying the red "46" flag on the news this morning? That flies at the capitol and is on license plates. Now this
did the choctaw have slaves? Should we never change the flat because of it's connection to the civil war?

They did, I think they were assimilated into the tribe like the Cherokees did.

sanjuro893

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Anybody see the segment on the nazi flying the red "46" flag on the news this morning? That flies at the capitol and is on license plates. Now this chowderhead Nazi at the rally had one and it's all over the internet. Will this be banned next? There are several other things that happened under that flag in Oklahoma besides the Tulsa riot.
http://www.news9.com/story/36145989...e-reverberate-with-oks-violent-racial-history

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anybody see the segment on the nazi flying the red "46" flag on the news this morning? That flies at the capitol and is on license plates. Now this

They did, I think they were assimilated into the tribe like the Cherokees did.

I did not know either fact. If people want to change it, have the discussion. I wont stand in the way.

In terms of the battle flag, though, it's history is far more jaded than just the civil war. This is what greeted the first black student at ole miss (before someone was killed in the process).

a.scpr.org_i_66a28de0cbe2fb43bfcb340fab310dcb_48135_full.jpg

It's not just that it was part of the civil war. It's everything that came after it.

gettyimages-810866166-1502734532.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom