Here ye, here ye, thoust taketh a collection for muscle car

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlammerG_89

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Lol. In all seriousness I plan to do a project with my dad in restoring a car. I just don't know what we should do. I have narrowed it down to 4. Either a 69 road runner, 69 coronet/super bee, 69 or 70 Boss 302 mustang or the car my dad made a living on by killing people on the 1/4 mile back in the day aka Plymouth Duster 340. I cannot remember the year of his duster for the life of me, I am gonna have to ask him.

If our family friend hadn't already restored 2 1970 AAR Cuda's then i would of had that in the mix but i don't want to do something that is common to see around here. What do you guys think?

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm really not versed in Mopar so I'm kinda clueless on them. We had a jackass uncle who would rather crawl than drive anything but a Mopar so I guess I've always avoided them. You'd have to know the story of this loser for it to make sense.

Anyhow, I'd like to restore a couple of vehicles but they don't exactly fit the muscle car classification. So, if I were going to do up one of those, I'd like to do a 68-70 GTO. Or a Chevelle. Probably a '66 or '67. Oh hell, I forgot the Chevy II\Nova from the 60s. Totally cool cars.

I had a '69 convertible Chevelle for a bit. Wish I could go back in time and stop myself from trading it back for the Ford Fiesta I traded for it. Yes, true.

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Don't we all wish to go back? Warmed up 327 56 chevy two door post, 4 speed, 3.70 positrac. Most fun was a 64 chevelle station wagon, stout 327 4 speed, 4.56 gear, got laughed at for having mag wheels, until the light turned green. 126mph at 6800rpm and then had to back off. Those were fun days. Majority of us had to sell them to buy our next family car. Where did they go? Just for information, there is a car show in Locust Grove this weekend. Usually pretty good.

68mustang

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
While all will be expensive, and awesome, I'd go with the Boss. I'm a little biased though. :) But seriously I'm not a big mopar fan. They seem to be the most expensive car to build out there. While the mustang will prob be the cheapest one on account of availability of parts. mustangdepot built a BRAND NEW mustang just out of aftermarket parts a couple of years ago.

RKM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a 72-340 Duster and a 64 Plymouth Barracuda. I love the old Mopars. That being said, if you go with the B-body plymouths, parts are going to be harder than Hilliary's heart to find. Do the research on parts, both engine and body parts. I have had friends start restorations projects and get stonewalled on parts.

redmax51

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I have a friend building a 68 Barracuda.He's found finding replacement parts,both new and used,difficult and expensive.Of the cars listed,the Mustang has far and away the best availability of new reproduction parts.It's very frustrating not being able to find parts or having to pay 10X the value for a less than perfect oem ones.

Hump66

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How about a bad ass 70 Dart with the twin scoop hood? My dad had one that my mom described as "going sideways in 2nd gear".

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Unless you just have a sentimental reason to do a muscle car...

This, is what I'd be building:

Factory 5 Racing Mk4 Roadster (Shelby Cobra Replica)

i157.photobucket.com_albums_t52_m5stingray18_Dream_20Cars_CobraSide.jpg

i157.photobucket.com_albums_t52_m5stingray18_Dream_20Cars_CobraRrAngle.jpg

i157.photobucket.com_albums_t52_m5stingray18_Dream_20Cars_CobraFrAngle.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom