What is your ideal muscle car???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MP43

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'll vote for the one I have, which is incidentally the first car I ever bought, back in 1983. It's a '69 Cougar Eliminator, 351 4 bbl. engine. Originally a 3-speed with 3.25:1 open rear, it currently has a TKO 5-speed and 3:50:1 Detroit Locker.

[Broken External Image]

[Broken External Image]

Mr10mm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'll vote for the one I have, which is incidentally the first car I ever bought, back in 1983. It's a '69 Cougar Eliminator, 351 4 bbl. engine. Originally a 3-speed with 3.25:1 open rear, it currently has a TKO 5-speed and 3:50:1 Detroit Locker.

[Broken External Image]

[Broken External Image]

Nice, you dont see many of those out and about.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
'64 Impala
i252.photobucket.com_albums_hh30_CUTK_64_Impala_SS0031.jpg

'67 Camaro
i198.photobucket.com_albums_aa308_brntoplay_camaro.jpg

daytomann

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

[Broken External Image]

[Broken External Image]
Thats what I'd love to have! You lucky damn dog you! :) NICE!!
I even like the color....

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And it does all that with A/C and good stereo and 4 doors!!!!!!!!!!

Things sure have changed in 20 years haven't they? LOL

Yep! Dual zone climate control and 13 speaker Mark Levinson system. Don't forget the heated and cooled perforated leather seats! :thumb:

Nice but if dreaming, I still prefer this version that was inspired from your favorite.

View attachment 28563

That thing is insane! Handles and stops a lot better than the original too!

What year GS is that?

It's tough to beat the IS, GS from Lexus and the G, M cars from Infiniti. The M56 does a 0 - 60 in 5 flat and runs the quarter in 13.3 at over 106.

These times are keeping up with a 550i. Find one a couple of years old (isn't that what you did?) and they make great bargains.

It's an 08' GS460. The Lexus dealer said the 460's only made up about 10% of the GS production and they went to a special order only item in 09'. For the life of me I can't understand that. Probably the cost, but the silky smooth power plant and 8 speed transmission are worth every penny. I found this one on the used lot at Don Thornton Cadillac, but I just called my guy at Lexus of Tulsa and they had it sent over, since they're owned by Don Thornton as well. The Caddy dealership had it significantly underpriced for such a low mileage example (24K on the odometer). I guess they didn't know what they had. Lexus honored the price and I walked away with a discount of about a dollar per mile. :)

Honestly the M56 is a better driver's car and from personal experience, the IS-F is a beast comparatively. I just don't care for the styling of the M56 and my wife has an IS 250, so I know it's too small for me comfort wise. About my only beef with the car was the rubber band run flats they put on it. They just didn't work with these horrible Tulsa roads. I recently switched to a set of 17" TSW 10 spoke wheels and went +1" on the sidewall with a set of Continental Extreme Contact DWS rubber. The difference is night and day, plus I'm getting better traction for a slight offset in roll on the corners. Completely worth it IMO.

Latest posts

Top Bottom