Hey Tulsa Folks........

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gopokes81

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Used to be you had to fend off crackheads in front of the Cain's, now its just drunk hipsters on bicycles leaving the Pony.

This is spot on, I kind of miss fending off the crackheads though. I hear they serve a shot in a hollowed out hot dog at the Pony. I just moved back to Tulsa, well actually BA, from Stillwater and there are some nice hole in the wall bars downtown. Arnie's and Drake's have got to be my top two.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is spot on, I kind of miss fending off the crackheads though.

Yeah, they had their charm. Among the general bums/beggars/dudes trying to sell you drugs in the old Cain's gravel lot, there was a cat I affectionately called "Tricycle Dude" because he rode an adult-sized tricycle. He was an amiable dude, but something about an old man with a Chesire Cat grin rolling out of the shadows on a giant tricycle loaded down with his belongings was unsettling. He just like to talk to folks; never asked for anything. I haven't seen him since the summer of 2006. They gentrified Tricycle Dude out of his homeland. :D

gopokes81

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I used to valet for a restaurant on Cherry Street and there were several notable transients, the most memorable being "Gray Squirrel." He would do hand stand push up on the no parking signs, insist customers feel his arms and practice martial arts on the street. We lovingly referred to him as our unicorn.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I used to valet for a restaurant on Cherry Street and there were several notable transients, the most memorable being "Gray Squirrel." He would do hand stand push up on the no parking signs, insist customers feel his arms and practice martial arts on the street. We lovingly referred to him as our unicorn.

Usually Biker Fox would hit Brookside during prime time on Fri and Sat nights...... that was always entertaining.

I don't get why people say Tulsa is confusing, if you can count and know the alphabet, it's all good. :D

gopokes81

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Usually Biker Fox would hit Brookside during prime time on Fri and Sat nights...... that was always entertaining.

I don't get why people say Tulsa is confusing, if you can count and know the alphabet, it's all good. :D

We used to see Biker Fox regularly. I always shouted for him to do the fox flip but he usually just gyrated in an unsettling manner.
I agree about how easy Tulsa is to navigate, it's is a simple grid.

Fatboy Joe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

So if I said an address is 4807 W 31st S or 4807 S 31st W, those sound pretty similiar to me but yet are entirely completely different addresses. I have lived in Tulsa for 3 years, but have been a regular for 15 and I still get confused. I can get around OKC with my eyes closed. In OKC, numbered streets don't cross. I don't have to worry about an address at 31st and 145th.

Latest posts

Top Bottom