Hidden Security Cameras

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ethan N

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What do you guys do when you're out in public. Can't talk, they might be listening, can't use sign language, they might be watching. All that leaves is passing notes, and then eating the paper.
Uhhh…I wait to have private conversations until I get somewhere private, like home. That’s the whole point. I want my home to be a private place. :hithead:

If an entirely transparent glass house with no curtains, blinds, etc. was the cheapest, most durable, safest, most energy-efficient house, would you want to live in it? Would you want your kids to grow up in it? If so, that’s fine with me. I wouldn’t.

Ethan N

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
About the only thing that keeps someone from being able to find out what all you're doing, is that generally there is very little interest in what all you're doing so it's not worth the trouble.
I challenge you to prove it. :D Tell me what’s going on in my home this evening. If the only thing keeping you is a lack of interest, it should be easy.

There are a lot of perverts out there who love to watch people going about their day at home for their own sexual gratification. I’ve seen their disgusting discussions online where they share links to IP cameras where the default password hasn’t been changed or where they’ve been able to crack the password. They’re watching ordinary people who “have nothing to hide.” It’s worth the trouble to them and I’m not going to make it easy for someone to do that to my family.

If you guys don’t care whether people watch and listen to you at home, I don’t get it. Really baffles my mind. But I guess that’s none of my business and I won’t judge you for it. You won’t convince me that my efforts to protect my privacy and my family’s privacy are fruitless though, let alone pointless.

Ethan N

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anyone who doesn’t think it’s worthwhile or realistic to maintain privacy over what goes on in your home, feel free to post a list of all of the firearms you keep at home, with serial numbers. :)

Also, feel free to post access here to your home security cameras for the world to see.

Last edited:

Ethan N

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It must be a very unpleasant life to worry about all these things. I'll keep the blinds closed and the doors locked, but that should cover anything that affects any normal citizen.
I’m a normal citizen, and I’ve seen ample evidence to the contrary that that’s adequate, but to each his own. Everyone has different tolerance for different kinds of risks. I know a guy who lives in suburban Southern California who doesn’t see any need to lock the doors at night. Just because he doesn’t fully appreciate the risks doesn’t mean he’s right.

And I don’t worry about these things, because I take care of them. Not unpleasant at all to know I’m caring for my family in the best way I know how.

Glock 40

Problem Solver
Special Hen
Reaction score
You know its like everything else. People put their time and money where their heart is. Example, hopefully most people on this forum would die before giving up their guns to defend 2A and will give money to causes to protect that right. On the flip side we give up our right to privacy and let the government run wild with the patriot act because the false notion of safety it conveys.

Young people are very susceptible to this due to ignorance. They will say something like, I don't care if the government looks at my emails I am not doing anything wrong. If it helps them catch bad guys great. The simple fact is they don't have the right to know what you are doing be it right or wrong if they can't prove it to a judge. We shouldn't just forget about the 4th amendment because we aren't doing anything criminal. We are under constant surveillance when we leave our homes. We give up any right to privacy the minute we go out in public. We should protect our rights to our information and access to our castle from the government and companies the same way we do our right to own guns. Anything we give to the government we will never see returned to us.

Ethan made a good point about posting your Guns SNs? Why do you hide them? I am really surprised at how much advertising of ones property is done on this forum and others. Its just telling baddies where to come pick up some free goodies. Its like guys with gun manufacture stickers on the back of their trucks. You are telling a criminal hey good chance there is a truck gun in here.

On a side note interesting article I just saw on how much Apple loves its customers. https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/27/...n-time-trackers.html?utm_source=pocket-newtab

Last edited:

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I challenge you to prove it. :D Tell me what’s going on in my home this evening. If the only thing keeping you is a lack of interest, it should be easy.

There are a lot of perverts out there who love to watch people going about their day at home for their own sexual gratification. I’ve seen their disgusting discussions online where they share links to IP cameras where the default password hasn’t been changed or where they’ve been able to crack the password. They’re watching ordinary people who “have nothing to hide.” It’s worth the trouble to them and I’m not going to make it easy for someone to do that to my family.

If you guys don’t care whether people watch and listen to you at home, I don’t get it. Really baffles my mind. But I guess that’s none of my business and I won’t judge you for it. You won’t convince me that my efforts to protect my privacy and my family’s privacy are fruitless though, let alone pointless.
LOL! I don't even have enough interest to continue to argue.

You responded to what you thought I said, not to what I actually said.

By all means, exercise the best security you can, it's the prudent thing to do. It's not, and shouldn't be easy to hack someone.

But there are people who know much more about it than you, and you probably can't defeat them all, and those guys probably (fortunately) just aren't interested in you. At least you can take steps to stop the script kiddies, and that's definitely worth the effort.

Ethan N

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
LOL! I don't even have enough interest to continue to argue.

You responded to what you thought I said, not to what I actually said.

By all means, exercise the best security you can, it's the prudent thing to do. It's not, and shouldn't be easy to hack someone.

But there are people who know much more about it than you, and you probably can't defeat them all, and those guys probably (fortunately) just aren't interested in you. At least you can take steps to stop the script kiddies, and that's definitely worth the effort.
Sorry for misunderstanding. You said “someone” and I read “anyone.” I blame the liberals for watering down the English language.

Oh. Those guys. Yeah they’re not who I’m defending against. As you said, they should have no interest in me. Still don’t want to make it easier for them than it needs to be if they do take a mistaken interest in me, but successfully defending against their targeted attack is unrealistic.

Latest posts

Top Bottom