How do you feel about stores that don't take cash?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

greenbeetle

Marksman
Reaction score
ON TOPIC: Take cash, fella. Your job is getting people to pick you to do business with, not make it harder for them to do so.

Many people prefer not dealing in cash. CC is easier to carry/handle (ie no 3" thick wallet and loose change), they get rewards points, they can dispute the charge if there's a problem with the vendor or merchandise, CC statements can be downloaded into ledgers in some cases, etc. But it is clear this demographic prefers cash!

We will oblige!

I think thread is done. Let's stick a fork in it, mod. Thank you, everyone!

OKCShooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Clever! Actually there are many reasons not too.

Making change takes time. It doesn't seem to be a problem for any other merchant...are you going to be so packed that if it took and extra few seconds that your long line of customers would leave?
Employee theft. If you can't trust your employees with money why should I trust them with my credit card number?
Decrease likelihood of robbery. Not necessarily...I'm going to guess that people robbing you may not know your store policies
No counterfeits. I've never heard that this is an issue for ANY merchant. a pen is about $5
No deposit trips to bank. I hope your business is successful enough to have this problem
No errors in making change or miscounting bills by employees or bank. Seriously, simple math is a problem?

Sounds like it's not a popular idea among customers, though!

Sounds like you're trying to defend a really stupid idea.

expertzx

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
See post #62 for reasons. We haven't finalized our plans yet! No one freak out! Sounds like this is an extremely unpopular idea we'll have to abandon.

Our business is the one that gives away free $140 backpacks and other free stuff on this forum every month, btw.

This sounds ridiculous. I don't know what type of business it is but it doesn't sound a good game plan for success.

expertzx

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Many people prefer not dealing in cash. CC is easier to carry/handle (ie no 3" thick wallet and loose change), they get rewards points, they can dispute the charge if there's a problem with the vendor or merchandise, CC statements can be downloaded into ledgers in some cases, etc. But it is clear this demographic prefers cash!

We will oblige!

I think thread is done. Let's stick a fork in it, mod. Thank you, everyone!
Most customers prefer variablity.

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Generating receipt and swiping card takes less time than generating receipt handling cash drawer and applying change, esp when it rolls over counter and into crevice or customer counts it twice, etc.

I really doubt your volume will be high enough that going to no cash to lean your purchasing process would net any positive impact on your company's performance what so ever. If customers don't want to wait the extra 30 seconds for change they will certainly be the ones using your preferred method of payment. The guy counting it twice doesn't give a rat's a$$ about waiting another 30 seconds for his change and receipt.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom