How do you feel about stores that don't take cash?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cw821

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You'll get none of my business. It just makes no sense at all, you'll lose a lot of potential customers before you even open.

greenbeetle

Marksman
Reaction score
Not accepting cash makes no cents.

Clever! Actually there are many reasons not too.

Making change takes time.
Employee theft.
Decrease likelihood of robbery.
No counterfeits.
No deposit trips to bank.
No errors in making change or miscounting bills by employees or bank.

Sounds like it's not a popular idea among customers, though!

Blinocac200sx

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I understand your reasons for not wanting to, but as many have pointed out, with the target market of your goods, I think it would be a poor move on your part.

greenbeetle

Marksman
Reaction score
Maybe I missed it, but I have yet to see your position on not accepting cash. If you haven't replied to this thread and do in the future, please let us know what business it is, so I can prevent wasting my time stopping in there. If my cash isn't good enough for you, then I want no part of whatever it is you're selling. Next thing you know, somebody will be wanting euro's or something.

See post #62 for reasons. We haven't finalized our plans yet! No one freak out! Sounds like this is an extremely unpopular idea we'll have to abandon.

Our business is the one that gives away free $140 backpacks and other free stuff on this forum every month, btw.

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I also pay with cash for most items. I had a debit card, but closed that checking acct. Now I would not shop there if a business wouldn't take cash.

I pay at the pump w/ a credit card and online purchases. I agree eventually cash will be a dinosaur.

MLRyan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not accepting cash is probably the dumbest thing for business, but I'm not a corporate CEO. Why would you not accept legal, US tender?

Droberts

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
stock-photo--dollar-bill-detail-of-this-note-is-legal-tender-for-all-debts-public-and-private-18.jpg

i'd go as far as to say raising the middle finger to our national currency is anti-american.

SoonerStatePawn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My bigger pet peeve are companies that charge you an up charge to use credit cards.

It's against the rules of all the major credit card companies to have different prices for cash and credit, as well as having a minimum limit for a charge.

You're right. We got a letter from Visa regarding charging a 2% fee for gun sales online. They threatened us with a $15,000 fine and possibly terminating our account. I thought it was ridiculous. That's why you see places like Buds Gun Shop advertise "Cash Discount", I didn't realize it's such a big NO NO to advertise charging a fee to use a credit card.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom