How do you go about discouraging someone from getting a gun/permit?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
If you say so.

win-the-internet-award_o_4508379.jpg

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Is it gone? I heard that if you don’t feed ‘em, they will go away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If you are referring to trolls, how I wish that were true!! On the Kansas forum, there is a very obnoxious troll, who keeps getting fed, (by well-meaning people) and until people realize that feeding them is encouragement, the trolls keep coming back for more.

Full disclosure; even I do it, although not often.

lasher

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
this place is often so clintonesque it almost out does old slick himself, "it depends on what the definition of is is", do any of you actually collect nits and mount them on cardboard like insects?

OP, it's clear to me your concerns, based on your experiences with this person, are valid for you and yours. do what's best for your peace of mind, there ain't no easy way out and no one gets out of here alive. do the best you can, live life as you wish as long as you do not harm the innocent. many here see every word as an assault upon some person's rights, while it's nothing more than trying to find a graceful way out of an uncomfortable position...and all the while the alligator brain is screaming, "you old hag, leave me the **** alone because we're almost at the point of the alligator brain taking control and i shall return the abuse you have stacked on me ten fold." dirty deeds done dirt cheap

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dang, tR, I feel for ya, man. I helped take care of my elderly neighbor, Dan, before he passed, a few years ago. His family didn't come around until it was time to divvy up his belongings. He wasn't any trouble but his wife, who passed several years before him, and was afflicted with Alzheimer's, was a handful before he finally decided he was gonna have to put her in a home for her own safety. She was a 24/7/365 job for the whole neighborhood. And she still managed to "escape" several times. It's not easy dealing with family. It's compounded 50 times when that person is not family.

I know you and your wife well enough to know you guys have struggled with balancing your responsibilities as good neighbors with what you know is the right thing to do to keep her safe from herself, and to not let her infringe on your responsibilities to your family.

Latest posts

Top Bottom